Interest in a DYNO at TDIFest this year??

Are you interested in a DYNO at this year's Fest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
The tides seem to have changed. The dyno company called me back and they're on board. Their manager has been out of town for a week, which is the reason for the delay.

NOTE: We are going to add a DYNO item to the registration system. CLICK HERE TO BUY.

Important: On the dyno page, there is a drop-down box to select 1 or 2 runs. One run (3 pulls) is $70. Two runs (6 pulls) is $50 more ($120 total). Please select which one you'd like - the default is 1.

We are looking for a minimum number of 15 sign-ups to cover the 50% deposit for the dyno. If the dyno falls through for any reason, we will refund your fees. This registration item will be available between now and TDIFest - we will also be accepting payment on-site, although the current price is not guaranteed.

Questions? Let me know! I'm happy that this is back on the table. :cool:

Last edited:

mlemorie

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta
Im in. Everything looks like it went through, but for whatever reason my work network is really lazy today and gave me a paypal error after. I got a confirmation email though. Should I pm my info? I did not see anywhere to fill in on the order, unless I just missed it.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
DYNO pre-sales needed!

Im in. Everything looks like it went through, but for whatever reason my work network is really lazy today and gave me a paypal error after. I got a confirmation email though. Should I pm my info? I did not see anywhere to fill in on the order, unless I just missed it.
Matt, you're all paid up and ready to go!

Anyone else interested? Tomorrow (Wednesday) at noon is the cut-off for presales and one person isn't going to cut it! There were something like 15 people who voted YES in the poll but so far only one (mlemorie) has purchased a dyno session.

Sprocket

Sprockette's hubby
TDI
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Eco Diesel, 2005 Passat Silverstone Grey, 1996 Passat Storm Grey
Signed up for the dyno and paid for 1 session, but might do 2 sessions :) It looks like I'm destined to do mine at Kart 2 Kart due to being heavily modified LOL

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Come on guys - I need more pre-sales in order to confirm they dyno. It's in your hands now!

I'll give it until 3pm today and then I have to call the dyno company and give them a final answer. It's 10am now.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Great news on the Meet & Greet! It'll be fun.

Dyno isn't looking very promising at this point. Perhaps people are burned out from the dyno last year, tough economic times, cars not ready to run on a dyno, etc. I'll have another update in about 2.5 hours.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Well it's about time to close the pre-sales. Unfortunately we were only able to sell 9 sessions, which really isn't close enough to our target for me to be confident in dyno sales for this year. In addition, there were some logistical issues that would have taken a lot of working out in order to make the dyno operation happen smoothly. Given these factors, it is best for us to cancel the dyno plans for this year.

Hopefully we can revisit it again next year and get a dyno going at the 2013 Fest, wherever it is.

Thanks to everyone who jumped on board and purchased a dyno sale. We'll be refunding your money this evening. My apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

mlemorie

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta
I know its short notice now, but there is a shop in Troy called Speed Industries and they have an in house dyno. My buddy used to work there, and Im bummed that I didnt think about them until now.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Not enough time for us to set anything up with them.