Feb 20th GTG @Dubwerx

CoJoNEs

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf; 2015 Golf
Its official, Dubwerx is hosting our GTG on Feb 20th, at 8:00 to whenever we get kicked out.

Dubwerks is being extremely gracious allowing us to use their space and associated tools and equipment (and heat!).

Start at 8am, CinciTDI will provide lunch (pizza) around noonish and coolers with water. Bring any additional non alcoholic drinks you want and we will keep them cold.

Small jobs are welcome, especially topside work, we want to get as many people in and done as possible. All work is done with your hands and guru assistance as necessary. This is not drop off your car for service day :)

Bigger jobs will need both Dubwerx approval and guru approval if you require assistance.

If you require parts you must bring them or work can not be performed.

Last edited:

CoJoNEs

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf; 2015 Golf
Job List

As always bring your own parts and your own hands and don't dig into something unless you know you can do it or have someone committed to helping! :)

rexhart - an overboost CEL, timing belt and a door replacement
OhioCoalRoller - overboost CEL, intake cleaning
Doogie - Shocks and Struts, glow plug replacement
reynolcj - fuel filter, trans fluid, intercooler check/cleaning, key programming, frozen window, washer fluid pump
Growler - install Doniol Boost/EGT Gage
pfiermka - needs SKC
Nash_TDI - adjusting turbo actuator, overboost, 11mm pump swap
05passat??? - oil change, stuck window, hubcaps?
Steven Wallace - dieselgeek skid plate, euro hitch
Andy Schroder - VAG scan for anti-lock, needs SKC
cojones - window switch
MCR - brake bleeding

Racking and stacking of the bigger jobs, in order of request, guru committed in ()s
Fully depends on guru commitment, time and room in the garage
1) Doogie - shocks and struts (Eric)
2) rexhart - timing belt
3) OhioCoalRoller - intake cleaning
4) reynolcj - intercooler check/cleaning
5) Nash_TDI - 11mm pump (paramedick)
6) Steven Wallace - skid plate, euro hitch
7) psst1997 - PS rack and pump swap, suspension work

Last edited:

MCR

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf TDI
I'm not sure I can make it, but I am really interested in bleeding my brakes, especially if someone has a power bleeder.

Matthew
2003 Golf

reynolcj

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW Golf 4-door, 2005 Passat Wagon
We can drop intercooler check/cleaning, key programming from my requests unless its super slow and no one shows up ;) I'm happy just to be there lol.

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
My brother and I are fairly competent in all of the small stuff including the suspension when we aren't looking at my car.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
THought we were starting at 8amishy. thats when I plan to be there.

See everyone on Saturday.

psst1997

Veteran Member
TDI
90 Corrado G60, 90 Corrado 3.6, 92 Corrado VR6, 97 Passat TDI, 2005 Jetta TDI, 2006 Touareg V10, 2011 Golf TDI
I have been planning on going all along with my brother Nash_TDI but just now realized there is something that could be done on my car...

Any interest and/or time to do a PS rack and pump swap? Also have new tie rods, ends, ball joints and control arm bushings I would/could install at the same time. Dubwerx have a press?

CoJoNEs

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf; 2015 Golf
psst1997 I think we will be limited by time and physical space, we are hoping to use one side of the garage for the smaller jobs and the other side for the bigger jobs. Hopefully the bigger jobs will go smoothly and quickly but you never know.

psst1997

Veteran Member
TDI
90 Corrado G60, 90 Corrado 3.6, 92 Corrado VR6, 97 Passat TDI, 2005 Jetta TDI, 2006 Touareg V10, 2011 Golf TDI
I completely understand. Thanks for adding me to the list, I can only hope it works out in my favor but no worries if not. This is all stuff that I can do on my own but a lift and such would make things a lot easier. Not to mention the need for a press for the CA bushings.

See you guys in the morning!

Doogie

TDI
2001 New Beetle, red
You guys are awesome! I have all the parts I need for the struts/shock swap and am ready to go. I will be more than happy to drop some coin in the hat for lunch, extra drinks, whatever. See you first thing! Doogie

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Good times. Lots of familiar faces. Solid work done on multiple cars.

Thanks to Dubwerx for hosting and their hospitality. Thanks to all that let us play with their cars.

Bruce and Eric

CoJoNEs

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf; 2015 Golf
Had a really good time meeting old faces and new ones. Lots of people and lots of work that got done.
Thanks to everyone that made it!

psst1997

Veteran Member
TDI
Yes, great day. Thanks to all those that stayed late to get my car finished up and out of there. I am finally home now. Long day for sure.

Bruce, I have your coveralls.

OhioCoalRoller

TDI
2000 Golf gls tdi
This was really fun!, glad i went i met alot of new people and made some friends. A huge thank you to CoJones for putting this together!

Nash_TDI

TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
Thanks Dubwerx for hosting. The facility was awesome and so were you guys! Many thanks for hosting and all the help.

Thanks CinciTDI for the pizza.

Thanks especially to Bruce and Aaron for the work on my car. Didn't really get a chance to thank you guys in person. The car is awesome!

Hope to see you all soon. Try to make it down to Louisville for our Water by the Bridge show.

Clint

OhioCoalRoller

TDI
2000 Golf gls tdi
Nash_TDI said:
Thanks Dubwerx for hosting. The facility was awesome and so were you guys! Many thanks for hosting and all the help.

Thanks CinciTDI for the pizza.

Thanks especially to Bruce and Aaron for the work on my car. Didn't really get a chance to thank you guys in person. The car is awesome!

Hope to see you all soon. Try to make it down to Louisville for our Water by the Bridge show.

Clint
How well did that pump work? i really wanted to stick around and see

CoJoNEs

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf; 2015 Golf
OhioCoalRoller said:
The PS pump? Lets just say he was smiling as he drove away. The rack drove us all nuts although eventually we got the front end reasonably aligned for his long drive home.

OhioCoalRoller

TDI
2000 Golf gls tdi
CoJoNEs said:
The PS pump? Lets just say he was smiling as he drove away. The rack drove us all nuts although eventually we got the front end reasonably aligned for his long drive home.
hahaha good, he had his front end aligned? must have been after i left

Nash_TDI

TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
OhioCoalRoller said:
My pump works great. Just got to fix my overboost issue so I can have fun.

We took it easy coming home, I think Luke was going to put in his control arm bushings today and get it aligned next week. He said driving last night was kind of crazy after not having power steering for 4 months and the alignment being so far out.

BTW give my thanks to the Dubwerx guys who aren't on the boards.

algirdas

Veteran Member
TDI
98 jetta AHU
Nash_TDI said:
BTW give my thanks to the Dubwerx guys who aren't on the boards.
Chuck from Dubwerx here. Glad its all workin' well. GTG was fun and surprisingly productive.
What are the details on the Water by the Bridge show? I'd like to attend. Is it Louisville club sponsored?

psst1997

Veteran Member
TDI
Yeah, I plan on pulling the CA's out tomorrow and taking them to get the new bushings pressed in, installing them with the new ball joints, new strut mounts and bearings, and reinstalling my coilovers. Getting an alignment hopefully first thing tuesday as long as i can get an apointment.

As for Water by the Bridge..

It has usually been a decent sized local event at a local shop, Grossman Tuning. This year they stepped it up a notch trying to expand it to a large get together for all out surrounding areas. They have been planning it for months and seems to look to be a great show as it always is. Here is a link to the site for it. There are lots of pics and videos of the previous years before they decided to expand it.

www.waterbythebridge.com

Thanks again for everyone's help!

reynolcj

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW Golf 4-door, 2005 Passat Wagon
That was a good time! Sorry to cut out early, if the wife ain't happy, no one will be!
Nash, I'll be curious to hear how you like the IP pump. From a bang for buck perspective (assuming a cost of 500-750 bucks) do you think it's worth it?

All, let's remember our gurus and dubwerx next time we need to pay to have something done! I'm calling dubs today about a straightpipe set up after hearing what one sounds like!

Nash_TDI

TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
Yeah I would say it is worth it. As long as you have all the supporting mods.

Not as much bang fro the buck as a tune or nozzles, but it is close.

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Nash, you need to fix your signature....;)

What's the possibility of getting one of y'all to throw the coveralls in a box and sending to me?

Aaron, Damn! :( Did you also figure out what the bog down on test drive was?

Last edited:

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
have no idea on the bog down, but iirc the lifter noises started very soon after that, I just was 100% sure it was there when I got home. glad i had the cam & lifters in the hatch and Glen had the ALH TB kit handy, and the tools for changing the crank seal...

pretty sure even tho i threw $500 in parts at the car, I saved myself many headaches by not waiting.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
reynolcj said:
I'm calling dubs today about a straightpipe set up after hearing what one sounds like!

ya, my car has that effect on people...