Hotel Reservations -- Dulles Hyatt

wagonater

TDI
05 Passat GLS TDI Wagon
Newbies Joining

Hello all, just purchased our new to us 05 Passat GLS TDI wagon. We have had it for about a month now and so far lovin everything about it.
My husband & I will be attending our first but diffenitly not our last fest.:) Room is booked arriving sometime Friday night and leaving late Sunday night. Can't wait.
:cool:

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Cool! Glad the two of you can make it down!

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I updated the hotel room list (in the 2nd post of this thread)... please check to make sure that it's accurate.

Thanks

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Also, if you have allergies or are sensitive to pollutants, you can request a "PURE" room at no additional charge. These rooms have HEPA filters in them, and are allergen-free. Ask the hotel rep for more information.

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
Names not on the list. Just got the PM. I'll be calling them tomorrow.
The room will be for me and OnlyinaBeetle, and maybe HaikuTDI for 3 nights.
I'll send you an update as soon as I get it.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Cool Zips... I'll update the list as soon as I receive my weekly update from the Hyatt. :)

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
Called today, turns out I wasn't on any list. just happened to get a $99 daily rate. huh. Well, got that fixed.
And Dan - your room will be better, mine will be a little... crowded. :p

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
Oh, so you are saying you will be getting out of your crowded room and switching to my room. I like this.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I just updated the arrivals list.

Again, if your name is in red on the list, you need to register for Fest.

If you have a hotel room and your name is not on the list, you need to contact the hotel and make sure that they know you're part of TDIClub.

Thanks, and please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

-Lawson

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Canast, I added you to the pending list. :cool:

Just a reminder to folks who are staying at the hotel. You need to be registered for TDI Fest. If you have a hotel confirmation and you're not registered with us for Fest, you may do so at http://www.tdifest.com

If you don't know who you are, check for your name on the red list in my second post (3 people so far).

Please let me know if you have any questions, problems, or concerns.

Thanks!

-Lawson

VeeDubTDI

TDI
The list has been updated. If your name is in RED, you need to register for TDI Fest.

The numbers are looking better folks, but please don't delay. Remember, you don't actually have to pay for your room until you check out... so go ahead and call the hotel even if you don't have the cash now. :)

airwolf

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Being a planner/organizer I figured I better get it booked.

Reserved for 4 nights. Arriving on Thursday leaving on Monday!

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
Sootman and I have a room booked Fri-Sun nights. I did book using a AAA discount that was at $89.00 a night. So not sure if my res. will show up as part of the TDIFest. Do we get special privileges being under the TDIFest discount? If so, I will change the res. If not, I just saved $30 using AAA (or by switching to geigo).

airwolf

Veteran Member
TDI
None
jettafock said:
Sootman and I have a room booked Fri-Sun nights. I did book using a AAA discount that was at $89.00 a night. So not sure if my res. will show up as part of the TDIFest. Do we get special privileges being under the TDIFest discount? If so, I will change the res. If not, I just saved $30 using AAA (or by switching to geigo).
We are glad that you saved money, however, part of our rate includes our use of banquet rooms, set up and tear-down for our events among many other things. In order for us to get that, we had to guarantee a number of rooms would be used at our rate. So, yes, the group as a whole gets special privileges.

I know we have stated this many times in the past, we all need to keep in the back of our minds that this Fest is supposed to be used to show appreciation to Fred and the club. This means that yes their might be cheaper alternatives out there, but it will be counter productive to the meaning of Fest.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
jettafock said:
Also, I'm not sure what the AAA discount gets you. Perhaps you don't get the free WiFi.

As mentioned in the Camping @ TDIFest thread, our room rates are negotiated as a package. That package includes the use of the hotel's surface parking, ballroom, and banquet suites at no charge to TDIClub.

Make sure you call the hotel and tell them that you're with TDIClub. If the Hyatt is offering promotions on their website, then that promotion can still be applied to our room block without any penalty to us. I don't know if the same is true for AAA. Please call them and find out, because we need your 3 room-nights to be applied to us.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
If the hotel does count AAA discounts in our room block, then that's great. Others can feel free to use that, as well. If they don't honor that in our block, and we come up short on rooms, then Fest is going to have a big problem.

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
We have a room

OK to assure 100% Fest attendance the V's & Tomo have a room.:eek:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Awesome Peter! I'll add you all to the list. :cool: How many nights?