Indianapolis TDI'ers UNITE!

Would a GTG June 7th or 8th work for everyone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 GOLF 2DR, ‘15 Passat SEL TDI
robert- thanks for the advice. I think you're right. I want to get it together, but I just don't want to waste mine or anyone else's time. I'm sure you know the feeling!
Dog- sent you a PM

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
Brothers.. I'd love to go this Friday, but I gotta have more advance warning! It's my birthday and I'm going out with some friends!

DogTrainingTDI

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
DCELL- Emailed ya BTW Happy BDAY:D

Brothers- Thanks for the notice, but I am in the same boat as DCELL I will be out of town Friday.

All Indy TDI'ers- DCELL and myself have been and still are working on putting a meeting together and will post to this board soon. If you have any suggestion please post them, we will try to accomedate.

Last edited:

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Guys - happy to pass along my advice from what I've been thru organizing the Michiana dinner GTG's. Basically people will say they want to GTG but unless someone picks a date/location it remains just talk. Looks like you guys are on the right track here - hard part is establishing the tradition, after that it becomes much easier. Keep up the good work and it'll come together soon enough! :)

brothersnag

TDI
2001.5 NB
Ok scrap the idea of the 28th. I personally don't have anything planed for that day other then a Truck show in KY.
About the brew I have 8 3/4" valves a 12V transfer pump, metering tubes, Lucky 11 scale and a few other things. I would consider donating because I don't have the proper place to do it.

fyrsail

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 DSG golf- wife stole it
Im in for a brew group,

im in but im off shore untill early april, I can donate knowledge of chem and some experience with filtration equip. Also i might be able to get a heater unit.

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
OK FOLKS, Here it is:

Sunday, April 13th, 4pm
Buffalo Wild Wings
SPEEDWAY (#3063)*
6135 West 25th Street
Speedway, IN 46224

Please post if you can make it, or send me a PM if you have any questions. Let's just call it a meet & greet with dinner, conversation and networking. Hopefully that gives everyone enough notice. If we get some folks that want to come out, we'll look at making it a tradition!

fyrsail

Veteran Member
TDI
Ill be there

I get off work on the 8th and will be back in indy at mid day the 9th. i live in speedway area and will be there for the BWW get together this is on 16th i believe. soiunds fun i can get some oil for the brewing if we have people ready to do this. also there is a GTG in cinci on the 19th if anyone is interested.

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Looks like April 13th will be open for me so I plan to make this dinner GTG! If I can't make it will post an update here.

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
fyrsail said:
also there is a GTG in cinci on the 19th if anyone is interested.
You may be thinking of GMARK's April 19 GTG but that is in Columbus, not Cincinnati unless the Cinci group is also having a GTG on the same date?

DogTrainingTDI

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
fyrsail said:
I get off work on the 8th and will be back in indy at mid day the 9th. i live in speedway area and will be there for the BWW get together this is on 16th i believe. soiunds fun i can get some oil for the brewing if we have people ready to do this. also there is a GTG in cinci on the 19th if anyone is interested.
The GTG Dinner is the 13th of April. ;)

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
Awesome to see some interest! I'm glad to see so many say "yes." I hope to see some more over the next couple of weeks, Hopefully folks will have enough time to plan!

VegBug

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 New Beetle
I have to give major thanks to DCell for picking up the ball I dropped. Got distracted with a complete kitchen remodel and other stuff. But I'm excited about the number of responses. I can't wait to meet you all!

thanks

VegBug

VegBug

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 New Beetle
One topic I wish to discuss at the meeting is the creation of a CO-OP Biodiesel production setup. I've been in the process of collecting used oil and testing the making of BioD in small batches. So far so good, but in order to ramp up the scale requires an increase in space and financial investment.

I'm hoping maybe there would be someone with some rural space that might be interested in hosting the "still" and those interested help run it. With the cost of DinoD up over $4 makes it tough on my budget. But more on this at the meeting.

thanks

VegBug

DogTrainingTDI

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
VegBug said:
One topic I wish to discuss at the meeting is the creation of a CO-OP Biodiesel production setup. I've been in the process of collecting used oil and testing the making of BioD in small batches. So far so good, but in order to ramp up the scale requires an increase in space and financial investment.

I'm hoping maybe there would be someone with some rural space that might be interested in hosting the "still" and those interested help run it. With the cost of DinoD up over $4 makes it tough on my budget. But more on this at the meeting.

thanks

VegBug
There have been a couple of post about doing something like that, I for one would like to see it discussed in more detail.

fyrsail

Veteran Member
TDI
cool site

Hey that was a cool dreamin site but does it really apply now that veggie is a reality for you? seeyall on the 13th, ansd ill have my other half with me, Im turning her into a veggie geek too.

VegBug

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 New Beetle
My decision to go BioD was based on some forum discussions about the TDI not providing enough heat to pre-heat the veggie oil. And another consideration was that I wasn't to keen on the idea of having to use my trunk space to house a secondary tank, drill holes in the bodywork, and possible mechanical issues that might arise.

I didn't want to change the blog name as it would break the link if anyone had booked marked it previously.

VegBug

watatrp

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta tdi (gone) 2013 Passat SEL TDI
Hello, I'm a tdi newbie. Hopefully, you Indy folks will be able to point me to a mechanic that can change a timing belt on an 04 Jetta. I currently have 72k miles so have some time to shop. I live in South Bend and work in Indy so it would be better to find a shop where I could just drop the car in the morning and pick it up later in the day. Thanks in advance.

VegBug

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 New Beetle
There's a couple of possible places.

One is Pete's Service Center http://www.petesservicecenter.repair.bz/
I haven't used them but did call to see if they service TDI's and they do.

The other is Westfield Automotive 896-9999. Again, I haven't used them but I called them and asked some questions and they were very friendly and offered some great information!

Hope that helps

VegBug

MrBIOTDI

TDI
Jetta 2005
Indy GTG

I am in, what is on the agenda? I would love to talk biodiesel production if possible. planning on finishing the apple seed reactor I started with the help of vegbug.

DogTrainingTDI

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
MrBio

Great to hear.

This is our first meeting so it will be kind of a meet and greet. I am sure the subject of BioD will be discussed as there are a number of us who want to know more.

Jesse

crazyjo

TDI
2003 Golf TDI - Candy White
I'm glad I was trolling around the forum tonight and found this. A gtg sounds great; count me and SO in.