Air conditioner issues

Jetta1701

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
I recently purchased a 2013 Jetta TDI. I noticed the A/C works most of the time but periodically doesn’t seem to blow as cold. It is not awful as in no cold air but is seems to warm some, then back to cold minutes later. The car has 60,000 miles on and had been parked until recently as it’s one of the emissions scandal vehicles. I did have a local shop add some refrigerated, now that seemed to not do much. Anyone have this happen or have any ideas? Thank you.

Last edited:

oldsoul

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI, 2000 New Beetle Non-TDI: 2013 Grand Caravan, 1994 Buick Regal (for sale), 2014 Nissan Pathfinder
I, also, have a '13 TDI. My A/C seems to cool some at low speeds, then more at higher speeds (city vs. highway). Seems pretty consistent, however, it is the worst A/C, that actually functions all the time, that I have ever had (as in still sweating after driving highway speeds for 15-20 minutes). It does blow cold, just never seems to get the cabin cooled off. I've been looking for a remedy for this. The ONLY thing I have found that has any credibility to it is to actually reduce the amount of refrigerant. Haven't tried this as of yet, a little hesitant without a more definitive answer as to why I have this condition.

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta tdi auto rc2 2013 passat tdi 2015 passat tdi auto 2011 jetta tdi nav. s'roof..man. dpf delete 1970 GTO JUDGE 520 HP
I just replaced my rcv valve... went from around 50 degrees "sometimes", a little lower at times..when it felt like it! also took a long time to do anything when first started most of the time... now will go down to 37.5!..In just a few minutes...96 here in GA..WOW!!..what a relief!..also it was a breeze to install..put in exactly 525 grams of r134a..edit! after some stabilization.. this morning at 11:00..80 outside.. got down to 34.7 blowing out the vent using 2 gauges, one digital the other analog...pretty darn good..never got THAT cold! cruising around stays at 38-9 degrees

Last edited:

Alcohol

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
Where is this valve located at? 2013 Jetta TDI,doing same thing,,,can this be changed with out evacuating freon?,,,and where is the brand name of the compressor at?

Last edited: