Indianapolis TDI'ers UNITE!

Would a GTG June 7th or 8th work for everyone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

powerfool

Veteran Member
TDI
None anymore
Hey gang! This isn't a car question but seems like a lot of people now where to find odd ball kind of stuff. I'm looking for a place in town, Indy, or nearby to get a washing machine motor and a variable drive gearbox. The gear would look something like the one on the top of this cover http://www.zero-max.com/documents/Zero-Max_Drives.pdf. I'm looking to build a variable speed potters wheel rather than pay $$$$ for one. If there's anybody that knows where to find this stuff it's this group!

Thanks

Jerry
I buy appliance parts at repairclinic.com. Fixed my clothes dryer until I was ready to trade in my whole set for a front loading washer and a moisture sensing dryer. Best Wishes.

gunselman

Veteran Member
TDI
03' Jetta TDi, Black
Hey gang! This isn't a car question but seems like a lot of people now where to find odd ball kind of stuff. I'm looking for a place in town, Indy, or nearby to get a washing machine motor and a variable drive gearbox. The gear would look something like the one on the top of this cover http://www.zero-max.com/documents/Zero-Max_Drives.pdf. I'm looking to build a variable speed potters wheel rather than pay $$$$ for one. If there's anybody that knows where to find this stuff it's this group!

Thanks

Jerry

What you making? A brass tumbler?

fyrsail

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 DSG golf- wife stole it
Fair well frankendiesel

sol so I made the drive to Cincy on thanksgiving to deliver the frankendieselto it's new owner, my nephew. So for now he will be the owner, but when he is done with it I get it back. hope is isn't too hard on it.

wiltech

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Beetle
I have 2 cubes (6 gal) of peanut oil up in Lafayette. If anyone is interested, I can bring them with me when I come to work in Indy. My office is on the North side, 465 & Meridian.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

tehDiceman

TDI
2013 Jetta
I'm new and haven't taken delivery on my car yet. I had to custom order since I wanted 6m. Otherwise, I considered going but the car might not be here in time. Saturday will be day 14 since the order was placed.

Sent from my mobile device

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 GOLF 2DR, ‘15 Passat SEL TDI
I'd love to, but I'm gonna have to count myself out. Got lots to do before the holidays and that's a FULL day when you consider 10 hours in the car! tell matt I said hello!

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
I officially hate my wife's BPY gasser passat. Took almost 8 hours to change the thermostat and temp sensors today. It was buried under the alternator, between the intake manifold and oil cooler. I had to disconnect or remove 5 separate coolant hoses and two air intake pipes, as well as r&r the alternator and a bunch of other crap... stuck hoses, clumsy clamps, stupid spring clips.... What a wonderful piece of german plastic engineering.

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
And that's why I'll never own a beetle! At least in the passat the turbo isn't tucked under the firewall!

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
tony- Congrats! I'm proud to be able to help keep it going!
Gunselman- sent you a pm

wiltech

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Beetle
tony- Congrats! I'm proud to be able to help keep it going!
Gunselman- sent you a pm
Yes, many thanks for all your assistance! I'll be due for a timing belt in about 30k, if you're up for that. Probably will need to do brakes and suspension before then as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

tehDiceman

TDI
2013 Jetta
Just picked up my '13 TDI last Thursday. Had 18 miles, has around 160 now. Enjoying the car so far as well.

Sent from my mobile device

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
In 6-8 weeks I will be a member of this forum. We are moving from MN to somewhere between Indy and Bloomington.

I have VCDS Hex-Can and lots of specialty tools that will come with me.

fyrsail

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 DSG golf- wife stole it
Esp

Yes at this time of year the road conditions might not be as (dry) as you think. The ESP is not for wet conditions. It the light comes on to alert the driver that their driving is exceeding the surface conditions on the road. This is often due to sarge presence of salt and fine sand. They also can make the surface slick.

Red Dog

TDI
VW Beetle
My problem it is staying on for any hour or more at time. It has gone off for now. So I'll chalk up to sand or salt near the sensor.

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
Just wanted to let you guys know that I finally got sick of working on my wife's POS 2007 Passat wagon gasser every weekend. That car was nice on the road and really fast for a wagon, but every time I got in it I found a new leak or heard a new noise or something broke. It was a huge let down for a car that should have been a long-term keeper.
I traded it in on a 2012 Subaru Legacy 2.5x. It's a real sweetheart and it's bumper to bumper covered by Subaru till 100k or 2019. All I have to do is change the oil and cover the wear items. I really like driving it too, although I won't get to drive it much. It's got a CVT so it doesn't shift. It's an eerie feeling really, but so smooth. If you want it "shift" you can control the revs with sport mode and the flapper paddles on the steering wheel. 31mpg on cheap gas, AWD, made in Indiana... I liked the Passat, but I love the Subie!
Don't worry, my golf isn't going anywhere for now...

dslbtl sent a pm to you

jet_a

TDI
2015 Passat
Finally have a TDI! Been lusting for one for a long time. Only disappointment is no parking lights, and the DRL disable procedure as described in the manual (turn signal / ignition dance) doesn't work.