2005 VW Passat Wagon TDI GLS model, 55,000 miles

luciana

TDI
passat vw
2005 VW Passat wagon TDI , GLS model converted to SVO with monsoon sterio, sunroof, power windows. Silverstone Grey with charcoal grey cloth interior. 55,000 miles. Been in Florida all winters except one. Garage kept year round. New tires, plus new set studded snow tires only used 4 months.Thule rack and sidekick thule box , both new. Grease car vegetable oil kit installed. Cost over $3,000 for everything... Only 600 miles on that. Comes with everything you need to filter your own veggie oil! Retrofitted barrel, 6 micron filter bags, bags of old t-shirts for clean up, 3 gas cans. This is a sweet ride, great mileage, well taken care of and serviced regularly, non smoker. If serious I will email more pics of filtration system and all the extras. Visit www.greasecar.com if you are not familiar with the system, I dont have time to answer questions on how it all works and what its all about so please do your research first. 831-5112 Please visit this link for photos and I can send more if serious.... $23200 Will consider partial trade for low mileage golf or jetta
http://maine.craigslist.org/cto/802610631.html.

Last edited:

luciana

TDI
passat vw
Grease Kit is installed and goes with car. I cant deal with filtering grease right now and no source in my area I moved too. :(

darkscout

Grammar Scout
TDI
2003 Golf
Is there a reason that it didn't sell 6 and 8 months ago?

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=197865
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=204162

We would like to see pictures of your filtering setup. Because that is one of the largest differences between pass/fail. How long did you let the WVO settle? Days, Weeks, Months? (Chasee seems to be living quite well settling for months).

There's a sticky at the top of the page that will help you in selling your car.
Buying & Selling TDIs? Read this first!!

Some highlights that you're missing:
My Awesome Self said:
Questions. Expect them. Maintenance history most especially. Timing belt and oil are going to be the first questions that everyone wants to know. Know when, where and how the timing belt was done. Receipts too. If you don't know SAY YOU DON'T KNOW (And knock down your asking price by 500-1000$). Same with oil. If you have been running full synthetic but you've only owned it for 3k out of 190k miles and you don't know what the PO ran, then state it. It's going to get asked. PDs require 505.01 oil. Earlier cars required full synthetic.

Your car is not perfect. There are some forum members cars who are, but they will never be for sale (and they don't need to read this post to know how to make a forsale thread). It has a ding, a dent, a rust patch, a leak, a tear, a smell, a shake, a rattle, a maintenance problem or a missing part. Tell us what it is. Some of the better threads I've seen are "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly" format. You'll get less questions and people will probably trust your sale more. Even if you consider your car perfect, close your eyes and run your hands along the exterior. "Small ding on rear door, no paint broken", etc.

It may seem stupid but why are you selling your car? Your wife just have another kid and you can't fit the car seats? Did your job just issue a company car for that 200 mile a day sales trip. Did you get a new car? Someone just trying to dump their car just seems suspicious.

luciana

TDI
passat vw
We decided to keep it and install grease kit. Now I own it and I dont have time for filtering and finding veggie oil