Utah PD Timing Belt

mnoeltne

TDI
2004 Golf GLS - Blue Anthracite
Hi,

My '04 Golf TDI is sitting at 91,000 miles, so I'll be needing a new TB in 2 or 3 months.

I'm not real sure if I will have the time to do it myself. If not, can anyone recommend someone in the Tooele or Salt Lake City area who can do a PD timing belt and all the associated stuff for a fair price?

Or, if I do happen to come up with the time as I get to the 100k mark, is there anyone with the tools and expertise who would be willing to help change it? I have all the normal tools and shop space, but nothing for VW specific stuff.

Thanks

bikeprof

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat B4 Variant white, 1996 Town & Country 3.8 LXI
mnoelte: I bump the idea to call CHARLIE(KERMATDI) to get the info. for the timming belt :), if he cannot do it... he could help you locate a tech. that will...
HE IS IN TOOLE :D.

John

PS. Maybe here at the GTG in Pagosa(APRIL 13,14, 15th), we could find a TECH. that knows "how to" ?

mnoeltne

TDI
2004 Golf GLS - Blue Anthracite
Duh! <slap myself upside the head> I should have thought of Kerma. I'll PM him and see what he has to say about PD belts.

Thanks!

cbass94

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, 2011 JSW
Yup, go with Kerma, and if for some weird reason he can't do it, next up on the list would be Utah Imports on State St. in SLC. They are listed in the Trusted Mechanics list just like Kerma is.

Sleet

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta, 98, black
I've been meaning to do my timing belt for a while... It's been (cough) 68k.

I was actually thinking tomorrow... Weather will be good - Just have to find a clean spot in the parking lot :)

-J

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
Hi Guys, I appreciate the props, but I simply don't have time to do mechanical work. I recommend Utah Imports. They are the only ones I let work in my personal car.

I'm happy to help locals with little things, troubleshooting, and the like, but I always refer the mechanical work to Utah Imports.