blend door bushing 1h0819136 pin

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
1h0-819-136

video on these pins added 3-14-2019. Update 6-14-19. Hundreds of happy customers. I've installed about 10 myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yz2p1apm_w

Vw calls this a "pin", I would call this a blend door bushing.
Vw discontinued this thing. Why on earth they would discontinue it, I don't know. We fix a couple of these broken seems like each month or so, plus you need one whenever you do a heater core or a blend door repair.

So I have a friend who needed one and used a cad program to have them made. He modeled it off my last OEM new one that I had in stock. But I gave him some ideas to improve them, including removability, and improvements to ease installation. They are made with good abs plastic, better than the crappy stuff on ebay, and are each one tested in a heater box and on a lever to make sure of good fit.
He's trying to price them cheaper than other ones that are being made, but price may go up in future. I have helped with prototyping and installing them in a few cars for product testing. He asked me to sell them here as I have a reputation here and all ready sell and ship frequently. I have a bunch in stock and will usually ship same day.

Price war on Ebay means I dropped my price as well. Edit shipping went up. Cost is now $22.5 shipped in continental usa. Shipping to Canada adds about $10

You can purchase these directly through my website at http://kansascitytdi.com/tdi-parts-for-sale-new/

if you have questions feel free to ask here on this forum or me at. coolairvw@aol.com

He does have these listed on ebay, for a higher price.

Last edited:

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
sold a bunch of these so far. Several folks sent me a emails saying they were happy with them. They are now on sale on ebay by the guy making them, but I'm still selling them at the lower cost here.

Here's one feedback I was sent.

Darrell McCloud said:
Hey Richard,

I’m not a member of the TDI forums, I’ve only owned 1.8T’s, so I cannot post feedback on the tdiclub. Please feel free to use this email though and post yourself.

Part worked great, it was a bit of a fight to get it inserted all the way but once it was, it’s nice and snug and shouldn’t back out like the OEM pin. Otherwise install was a breeze! Working great and has restored heating and cooling selection. Just had to make sure the blend door “fin” is centered in the slot before trying to insert pin. Fast shipping to Canada and great price!

Really awesome you guys are taking the time to fabricate parts that the dealer has decided to discontinue. Huge help and huge thank you!

Daryl.

Last edited:

vwjettadsl

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
TDI’s
Nice! Hadn't looked in the vendor section for awhile, now I know where to get some more when my current supply runs out.

thearne3

TDI
2012 Sportwagen TDI
Hi -

Got your blend door pin, but I think the door base is broken. When I stick my little finger up the hole, I can feel a loose flap, which can be pushed side to side. When I insert the pin, I engages with the door, but will not fully seat (about 1/8" gap) and quickly drops out after a few actuations of the lever. I have fiddled with it and occasionally gotten it to finally seat, but then the door only moves slightly - somehow the door is no connected!

What do you think is going on? Very frustrating. Would rather not pull the dash, etc.

Thanks,
Tom

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
The door will move around when the "pin" isn't in. The pin is what holds the door on the bottom. You'll need to wiggle the pin around till it seats fully. Not so easy to do sometimes if the door isn't perfectly in place. Keep trying you should be able to get it. There was one where I had to pull the dash though.

thearne3

TDI
2012 Sportwagen TDI
The door will move around when the "pin" isn't in. The pin is what holds the door on the bottom. You'll need to wiggle the pin around till it seats fully. Not so easy to do sometimes if the door isn't perfectly in place. Keep trying you should be able to get it. There was one where I had to pull the dash though.
OK. I'm going to try one more time, but I think the base of the blend door may be damaged. I've opened the front of the control box (behind the radio) and can fiddle with the blend door by reaching in. Maybe I need another set of hands to fiddle with both the blend door and the pin? I'm not clear on the geometry of the blend door base.

If I need to pull the dash, should I assume I'm also pulling the HVAC control box - or is it possible to get full access to the blend door (including removing it to repair the base) without removing the whole box?

Thanks!
Tom

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 1999.5 jettaIV,2005 BEW Beetle
Does this fix the lever falling out of the door box bottom?

I've not been able to look at one that is not broken. Is it that some retaining barbs break off?

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
Does this fix the lever falling out of the door box bottom?

I've not been able to look at one that is not broken. Is it that some retaining barbs break off?

yes it fixes the lever falling out. Lever attaches to this part.

Yes there are two "retaining barbs" that break. original design has flimsy "retaining barbs". Ours is designed better and wont break there.

B3achbum

Veteran Member
TDI
(Nigel) 2004 jw GLS 5sp / +332K miles, (Hildegarde) 2008 R320 CDI / +132K miles
Thanks!!!

Appreciate you and your buddy making this available! Just ordered one. Figure mine broken, a/c blows on feet when not supposed to - after doing blend doors last winter...

Tartrus

TDI
Mk4 BEW Jetta
Are you still offering this part? I bought another 3D printed one 4 years ago and it recently became brittle and broke into pieces, have you had any reports of yours doing this too?

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
yes I am still selling these. Hundreds sold. No failures ever except one that I would attribute to installer going "full gorilla" on it. Center broke out where the lever screw goes in (probably overtightened screw) . But we replaced it anyway of course.