B100 in North Seattle?

vanagonturbo

Veteran Member
TDI
Had- 00 Golf-lots of stuff done. current- Scirocco GTD
So from what I have heard, there isn't anyone North of the U-District that sells BioD. Is there much interest? I am considering selling it at my shop in North Seattle (141st and Aurora). I am just trying to get a feel from others. Input?

vanagonturbo

Veteran Member
TDI
Had- 00 Golf-lots of stuff done. current- Scirocco GTD
Well, I have heard that Laurelhurst is good and Seattle BioDiesel is bad. Any opinions?

I intend to use it on my own vehicles as well, so bad fuel is a very important consideration. Not saying that if I didnt plan on using it in my own cars that it would be ok to sell

lildevildee

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta w/6spd manual
Well, I have heard that Laurelhurst is good and Seattle BioDiesel is bad.
Considering Laurelhurst was being supplied by Seattle Biodiesel...

Seattle Biodiesel may still be supplying Laurelhurst; I don't know.

I've not had any problems with Seattle Biodiesel fuel but I do not run bio exclusively.

EngiNerd

TDI
2005 Golf
How about someone setting up in the Everett area?

Turbofroggy used to sell it in east Everett, but the last time I called (~3 weeks ago) they were out and might not order any more. No reason given, but it might be the hassle of hundreds of the faithful flocking to his site.

I am considering Dr. Dan's fuel tote option for my farm in Snohomish. That would be if I ran bio in all four of our diesel vehicles and I could figure out how quickly I would go through a tote. With my luck I'd buy 425 gallons, then the bulk price would drop dramatically...

lildevildee

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta w/6spd manual
How about someone setting up in the Everett area?
I would love to see something up here! There's a new gas station going in on Broadway; I wish I had the time and knew where to begin to convince them to put in a bio tank.

EngiNerd

TDI
2005 Golf
I've tried to lean on the Snohomish 76 station. Unfortunately, they have supplier contracts for the standard petro fare. Attendants typically don't know too much about the supply, and just try to keep things moving. Typically, the conversation is "Hey, when are you guys going to get bioD?" "Why, dude, it's more expensive than regular diesel and requires a separate pump and tank, who would buy it?" "Man, the price isn't the point. You should convert your existing tank. Besides, it might be cheaper than petroD" and on and on

I was talking with Dr. Dan a couple of weeks ago, and there was an independent operator who expressed interest in bioD for the Marysville area. It might happen. Bio is destined to move out of the 'boutique' fuels arena sometime soon.

mobe

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf
From the PNW forum of www.BiodieselNow.com

This guy goes by the name of biodog. He had some problems with some Seattle Biodiesel made stuff a while ago. I don't know what or if he is selling now. He listed his phone number as a better way to contact him but if you want that, you'll have to look for it yourself. I know I wouldn't want my phone number on the web.

Bothell/Mill Creek Closer to Mill Creek on the Bothell Everett Hwy.
B99.9 $3.XX gallon including all taxes ASTM Certified. as of 6/21/05
I will try and get my web site back up this weekend so i can accept credit cards using PayPal.
By appointment
Where to get biodiesel in the PNW

BioDizl

TDI
99.5 Golf
I was under the impression that Laurlhurst Oil was Propel Fuels and not Seattle Bio. Infact I KNOW it cannot be Seattle Bio for the last while since Seattle Bio has not been selling fuel recently as quality was a concern.

lildevildee

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta w/6spd manual
In the case of the recent Laurelhurst biodiesel pumps, Propel Fuels put the whole thing together. Rob, Mike and their merry band of biodiesel pioneers went out evangelizing the product. They found Laurelhurst Oil and convinced them to take the chance on a new fuel. They organized the station upgrade (even sanding, repainting and rebranding the site) and the distributor to deliver the fuel (from Seattle Biodiesel).
From this article

I do not know who is the current supplier.

BioDizl

TDI
99.5 Golf
Just went to the Seattle Biodiesel site and it still lists Laurelhurst as a station they supply to. Seattle Biodiesel
I saw this now as well. Was kinda confusing though till I read Seattle BD's website. Sorry if I added to confusion. And I have been using Seattle Bio's fuel this whole time I guess with ZERO problems. Im a satisfied customer, glad they are back online.

avantaholic

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Sportwagon.
Check out www.nwbiodiesel.org. We meet the 4th Tuesday or every month, at the Phinney Center, and it is a great way to network with biodiesel enthusiests! Sign up to our mailing list for announcements. Here is our latest announcement:

Greeting fellow Biodiesel Enthusiests!

The NW Biodiesel Network November meeting promises to be informative and fun! We are planning to hold a potluck social, as well as having a presentation about grant opportunities in WA state.

We are honored to have been approached by Senator Cantwells office- they would like to give a presentation at this upcoming meeting! We will be hearing from several of the Senators staff, though I doubt Senator Cantwell will be there- though when she hears we are having a party she may decide to attend!

Here is the outline that I was given by the Senators office:

Below are the three goals of the PowerPoint presentation I plan to give on the 22nd.
· Inform constituents on the current state of biofuels economy in Washington State.
· To educate constituents on the available funding opportunities to produce and use alternative fuels.
· Provide a road map on how to access federal funding available that will facilitate the development of a biofuels economy in Washington.

The schedule of the meeting is as follows:
7-7:30 PM Arrive, set up and serve food and drinks. (bring something to share- but come regardless!)
7:30-8:15PM Presentation and questions.
8:15-9PM Visit and discuss future events- including Forum 2006!

We are also expecting a film crew from Seattle Channel- they want to interview individuals about their reasons for using biodiesel and joining the biodiesel community. ***As part of a documentary on the Biodiesel Community in Seattle, the Seattle Channel is interesting in interviewing someone in Seattle who is in the process of creating a small biodiesel co-op and/or is making the switch to using a bio-diesel powered vehicle.***

This promises to be a fun evening- please make sure to bring your friends and to forward this invite to anyone who needs it!

Aaron Kahn