Jag F-Pace?

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Yes. Seriously. Either the F-Pace, or if, as promised, the XE is available with the same 2.0L diesel and a manual. That would be a sweet car. I sat in an XE a couple of weeks ago. Not huge inside, but very nicely designed and finished. I haven't seen an F-Pace yet but they're getting good reviews.

GSwag

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat
Looks cool. I'd have to shy away, bet jaguar dealers charge an arm and leg for maintenance, and there are none around. Many of their other vehicles don't exactly lead the pack in reliability ratings either. Look nice though

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
I wouldn't go to the dealer for maintenance. And my attitude is that buying a Jag is similar to taking the purchase price in cash and setting it on fire. If that's OK with you then it might be fun.

toneman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW
My buddy is a service manager for audi, jag, land rover, Honda, Porsche dealership. Drove a few Jags and they are indeed amazing. But yes, worse reliability than Audi. Land Rovers are so bad that burning cash is an understatement.

St.Hubbins

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf, DSG / '11 A3, DSG (both went buyback) - '15 GSW SE
we would likely lease if anything... Audi would still be the ideal, but the F-Pace is tempting as a rarity... still a longshot

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Lease wouldn't be a bad idea if the rates are good. Along with an extended warranty.

Rob_MacCara

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi Q3 gasser
We have a Jag dealer here (who also owns a dealership of every other manufacturer as well) and I've always loved them. Looked at an XF a couple days ago. Then I looked at the sticker.
Nice dream!

wanabe

TDI
2009 Jetta Sportwagen, Laser Blue, manual transmission
Looks cool. I'd have to shy away, bet jaguar dealers charge an arm and leg for maintenance, and there are none around. Many of their other vehicles don't exactly lead the pack in reliability ratings either. Look nice though
I'm interested in the F-Pace. I'm waiting to see if the diesel gets approved and what's the claimed MPG. But from what I remember it has a 5-year bumper-to-bumper warranty and 5 year free maintenance and road-side assistance. Service intervals are 16K miles or 1 year. After that I would sell it if I thought it was going to be a service nightmare.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Jaguar seems to be like every other luxury maker and loads the cars on the lot with options. For example, the base F-Pace with the diesel is $42K with no options. However, ones you see on the lot are probably going to be north of $60K. Same with the XE: The base diesel is $36K. The one I sat in was $58K. That's a big difference. If I ever went for one I'd plan on ordering what I wanted and waiting.

Tin Man

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Daughter's: 2004 NB TDI PD GLS DSG (gone to pasture)
I wonder if the 2.0 Jaguar diesel has a Bosch CP4 fuel pump. BMW does in its 4 cylinder diesel and there are some reports of HPFP failure but rare in the online forums.

St.Hubbins

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf, DSG / '11 A3, DSG (both went buyback) - '15 GSW SE
it's a good question about the fuel pump... surely they will have done their due diligence as they enter the market.

funny how this thread got moved to "non-VW" discussion, but not the BMW thread (?)

DrSmile

Veteran Member
TDI
05 GLS PD 5spd Wagon
Saw an F-pace diesel at the mall (as a show car on the mall floor). The sticker price was $50K with options, combined mpg rating was 33mpg. It was an auto, not sure if the manual will make it to the USA. If it is available as a manual I'd be all over it as it looked very, very nice.

And yes, I would do my own maintenance.