View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2009, 12:15   #6
karlthev
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2009

To tell you the truth, not being a dyed-in-the-wool diesel afficianado, I wasn't looking for any specific signs indicating ULSD fuel so, it was pretty much a random, whatever station came up first stop in for me. Understand that not having to look for anything in terms of "specialized fuel" (to me that's everything but gas after driving gas cars for the past 41+ years!) I wasn't doing any kind of in-depth search save for a "I'll try this one next" approach.

Nah, I'm not located in the middle of a cornfield either, 100 miles from asphalt but again, not ever before having to look for a "gas" station which carries diesel (ULSD) this was new to me. I realize as well that with Federal mandates for distribiution of ULSD there is a wider distribution network than what I originally realized. I just gave the diesel consideration the other day and it was the first time I drove a diesel since I had the (mis)fortune of crusin' a Rabbit diesel 20 (?) or 25 years ago. The new Jetta was somewhat of an improvement I noticed.

I guess I'll find the stations I need but again, as I originally stated, having a lst of specific locations would ease my mind in my business travels--I don't have the luxury of looking for stations at 5 AM nor 6 PM when i am typically on the road.

By the by---thanks for the responses, appreciated!

Karl
karlthev is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06369 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 15.59 Kb. compressed to 14.10 Kb. by saving 1.50 Kb. (9.59%)]