TDI mechanic Richmond VA area?

StephF

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
Hi everyone,

New here, and have been combing through the forum for weeks now, trying to do my homework...

I just bought a 2006 Jetta PD TDI a few weeks ago (used, 13,000 mi.), and have not had any problems at all...had the oil changed immediately after purchase (done by area dealership with 505.01 oil), just in case. :)

In an effort to be prepared should any problems arise in the future, I wondered if anyone knew of a good TDI mechanic/guru in the area...Sterling VA is a little far to be practical for me.

Thanks in advance!

StephF

owr084

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat GLS, 2005, Stonehenge Gray
Well, you shoulld still be under warranty for quite a while. But when the need arises, is Woodbridge too far? Matt ("Car 54") is one of the better independant TDI mechanics in the area. His cell # is in his profile.

StephF

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
Thanks for your suggestion: I'll keep him in mind.

Even though my car is still under warranty, it can be helpful to be able to get a second opinion...;)

Sterling is about 100 miles away, Woodbridge is about 85 miles away. They're both much closer to D.C. than to Richmond.:(

Thanks again
StephF

owr084

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat GLS, 2005, Stonehenge Gray
Now that you own a diesel, you have to quit thinking in terms of miles and think gallons. Woodbridge is less than two gallons away. That's only what, 14% of your tank? ;) If you look around the board, you will find that people think nothing about traveling many hours to get their car to the right TDI mechanic.

kramnnim

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 NB
Yeah...I spent a weekend in Baltimore a while back, and drove down to Woodbridge from there to have Matt do my TB...