TDI Badging

Toninoi

TDI
None yet - may buy my son's
Hi,

I may buy my son's 2012 Toureg TDI Sport with 117k miles. There are badges on the front fenders between the fenderwell lips and the doors. He doesn't know what they signify. The badge is a blue square with a chrome "R" on the right edge of it. Over the blue field there is what appears to be a squiggly logo. Does anyone know what they signify. To my knowledge R-Line wasn't offered until the 2014 model year but I'm relatively new to the TDI. I had a couple of Mercedes turbo diesels way back when with mechanical fuel injectors - a far cry from todays clean diesels. My son loves the 3.0 diesel and he over maintains his almost to a fault. Its a beauty and runs like a watch.

Thanks for listening. I'm honored to be accepted on your forum.

Tonino

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Hi,
I may buy my son's 2012 Toureg TDI Sport with 117k miles. There are badges on the front fenders between the fenderwell lips and the doors. He doesn't know what they signify. The badge is a blue square with a chrome "R" on the right edge of it. Over the blue field there is what appears to be a squiggly logo. Does anyone know what they signify. To my knowledge R-Line wasn't offered until the 2014 model year but I'm relatively new to the TDI. I had a couple of Mercedes turbo diesels way back when with mechanical fuel injectors - a far cry from todays clean diesels. My son loves the 3.0 diesel and he over maintains his almost to a fault. Its a beauty and runs like a watch.
Thanks for listening. I'm honored to be accepted on your forum.
Tonino
if he bought it used, the previous owner may have added the vinyls to it. and i believe the r-lines have red stitched steering wheels, different seats and the r badge front back and sides. Could be wrong, just my take. im looking to add all the gtd logos to my jsw

Last edited:

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
the r line didnt start till 2014...it was body kits, lower springs, r steering wheel with paddle shifters and badge on the front....thats it

Toninoi

TDI
None yet - may buy my son's
TDI badging

if he bought it used, the previous owner may have added the vinyls to it. and i believe the r-lines have red stitched steering wheels, different seats and the r badge front back and sides. Could be wrong, just my take. im looking to add all the gtd logos to my jsw
Thats what I thought but best to let the experts have a go at it. Thank you
gentlemen.

Tonino