RustProofing Your VW TDI

yosufp1

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI 6MT
I remember the VW dealer trying to sell me on this device that sit in your car and supposedly stops it from rusting. I thought it was absolute dog **** but im curious as to whether or not people actually bought this

Last edited:

dhuddleson

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Highline TDI sedan
Beyond some lubricant spray bottles like you describe, to put on door hinges and maybe latches, because VW gives you a 12 year rust perforation warranty on the body, I do not put any 3rd party additional protection. You don't need VW declining because you tried to do something "extra" on top of their factory protection.

johnsTDI

Veteran Member
Canada,ont North America were Neighbours to usa
TDI
2012 Highline
Beyond some lubricant spray bottles like you describe, to put on door hinges and maybe latches, because VW gives you a 12 year rust perforation warranty on the body, I do not put any 3rd party additional protection. You don't need VW declining because you tried to do something "extra" on top of their factory protection.
12 year body warrant wondering how good it realy is thru VW? i think its still better useing 2 cans of Krown and doing myself.

dhuddleson

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Highline TDI sedan
12 year body warrant wondering how good it realy is thru VW? i think its still better using 2 cans of Krown and doing myself.
Can depend on your specific dealer and their efforts to submit claims to VW Corporate. I had rusty fenders, trunk, rocker panels and even doors replaced on previous 2003 Jetta wagon, 2005 Passat sedan and 2006 Jetta sedan. Lots of work done, and zero cost to me.

johnsTDI

Veteran Member
Canada,ont North America were Neighbours to usa
TDI
2012 Highline
Can depend on your specific dealer and their efforts to submit claims to VW Corporate. I had rusty fenders, trunk, rocker panels and even doors replaced on previous 2003 Jetta wagon, 2005 Passat sedan and 2006 Jetta sedan. Lots of work done, and zero cost to me.
Cool, :) I always rustproof all my vehicles myself using Krown Just because i hate seeing dry metal and crevices dry when exposed to (winter salt and brine)
i dont think VW will condemn anyone for spraying there vehicles down.