Unitronic vs malone tuning! Need advice please!

Harinder

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Dark Green TDI 5 speed
what stage of tune and how much did it cost.

soo i did the malone chip this weekend ,,,,,,HOLY F#@K i lovee itt,, soo much pull!
What stage of malone tuen did u do and how much did it cost around if u do not mind me asking

diesel-dave

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 wagon TDI, 2003 wagon Tdi, 2013 Q7 Tdi
lets keep in mind OP had a PD motor, ALH's behave different with same tune.

clamb

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf Wagon; 2010 Golf Wagon
I am kerma tuned and charlie has really refined his PD tunes (I have test driven quite a few and the final product is smoother than stock in terms of boost control). Having previously owned a alh with veg 216 nozzles and a kerma tune i will say that I miss that alh! The PD is more refined but the ALH pulled much harder (dynoed at 140hp and 263 ft/lbs). I will have to get my PD dynoed to confirm (or deny) my opinion.

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
I have to agree with TDIMeister as most people do not hop from one tuner to the next on their car.

I did have an Upsolute tune on my car as back in 2000 it seemed like there were not many options. Then I found out about RocketChip and then I went with RocketChip. Within one tuner there is a little difference in how the tune feels and the tuners tend to get better and better at what they do. I liked RC1, then RC2, RC3 was really nice to drive, then new turbo and RC4 and I can see Jeff is getting very good at this as I can see things that are in the tune based on how my boost gauge responds: it is like my boost gauge has a peg at 26 psi unless I really change conditions quickly I can get it to jump to 30psi.

Yes my car with RC3, stock turbo, and pp520's was just shy of 140hp, with RC4 I am 150hp and 250ft-lb torque,