bew maf

Mr.Bob

TDI
04 jetta
I tried all the fixes on maf including replacement with no results. What next?
Tried: Disconected runs better, cleaned sensor and connections, tried the grease, had VW read the codes(127508 air flow too high} replaced the maf. Still limp mode with uphill acceleration. I've tried the test with the egr vlave. Ignition on doesn't move the valve. This is the electric egr valve. No significant carbon buildup on egr valve or intake. 150,000 miles. Egr cooler has been replaced. A reading from Autozone indicated insufficient egr flow. Vw found no egr codes. What next

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
Who replaced the EGR cooler? Dealerships have been known to botch the job. I'm thinking a cracked pipe, bit I'm no Guru.

mctdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
Mr.Bob said:
I tried all the fixes on maf including replacement with no results. What next?
Tried: Disconected runs better, cleaned sensor and connections, tried the grease, had VW read the codes(127508 air flow too high} replaced the maf. Still limp mode with uphill acceleration. I've tried the test with the egr vlave. Ignition on doesn't move the valve. This is the electric egr valve. No significant carbon buildup on egr valve or intake. 150,000 miles. Egr cooler has been replaced. A reading from Autozone indicated insufficient egr flow. Vw found no egr codes. What next
Is there a boost leak?

2004STARWARSTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2004 Platinum Gray GLS Jetta / 2006 Silver Jetta with DSG
Maintenance

What kind of maintenance have you done? Replace air filter? Replace fuel filter? Checked to see that nothing is blocking air flow to engine?