Installed osram 65w bulbs

lonniebear

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf 6M 4dr.
I installed the off road 65w bulbs on my golf low beams. Not that much difference. The stock is osram 55w so it's only 10 more watts. On a side note, Germans must have small hands. Getting those bulbs out is not easy if you have average size hands.

mischievousMk6

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
I've got the osram off-road bulbs too. Not too much brighter but about the best your going to get for Halogen bulbs. I think the halogens are pretty good on these cars. Aside from putting actual rally driving lights on the bumper, its about as good as it gets.

If you think those were tight, try replacing the city light wedges...

Joe_Meehan

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB TDI, 2002.5, Silver
First I should note that watts is a measure of power consumed. It is not a measure of light or efficiency.

Generally the more efficient lamps are shorter lived. Lamp choice is a trade off.

In general most people will not notice a difference in light until that difference approaches 100% So if you increase the light output 50%, you likely will have a difficult time noticing the difference.

I believe that in most situations, improved beam design and clean clear lenses offer the best chance for improved visibility.

I have found good E-codes offer the best choice for me. Your mileage may vary. ☺

alberg

Veteran Member
TDI
1.6 Tdi CR
You should have gone for the OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER
see their web site
Got them on my high beam, one word excellent

PlaneCrazy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Gone...
I ran the Osram 65 w bulbs on my Passat. Not a huge improvement over stock. The Passat had projectors instead of reflectors. That also doesn't make much of a difference. I agree the stock halogens are acceptable though I find the high beams still throw too much light near the car. I promised myself however, no mods on this car...