Cargo Dimensions

sportwagen3

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI SE
Anyone know the cargo dimensions for a 2015 GSW with the rear seats down? I can find the cargo volume, but not the actual dimensions.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
You have a 2015 GSW in your signature. Do you own a tape measure? :rolleyes:

sportwagen3

Veteran Member
TDI
Haha I just wanted to know if someone had it quickly. I'm going to measure tonight, but was at work earlier and needed it to see if I could fit something in the trunk.

Grigg3

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta wagon, 15 Golf wagon
From memory.. about 38" wide between wheel wells, and door opening, and very nearly 6' long between arm rest and trunk lid.
I measured both the 15 when I got it and the 05, they're essentially the same. I was thinking the new car being a little larger might have more room, but not so.

sportwagen3

Veteran Member
TDI
Yea those were similar measurements to what I got last night. Also it's 27.5" tall without lowering the trunk floor.

Grigg3

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta wagon, 15 Golf wagon
Height can be limited by the trunk hatch opening, more height inside if you can stack.

What I'd like to do is get the back seats out of the 15, but it's not nearly as easy as the 05 was.
The seats take up a lot of room even folded down. I haven't had back seats in the 05 for years now, handy for hauling all sorts of stuff. Just keep a moving blanket or two folded flat where the seats were to quiet road noise.