tdi fest question?

vplukas101

TDI
2015 sportwagen
I have a quick question, If I only want to show up for the Sunday car show do I need to register for this event? Or can I just show up see everything and leave?

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
If you just want to observe you can just show up. If you want to participate, you need to register.

KCCats

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jeta Wagon
Will there be a swap meet with used parts?
How about help with my computer questions and like adjusting my IQ?
LOL, I really need to improve my IQ on VW's!

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
No "swap meet" per se, but folks have brought used parts to Fest in the past. There will be tech sessions including VCDS (computer questions), but you will need to register in order to participate.

KCCats

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jeta Wagon
OK I registered!
Will there be any Gurus that can help me with adjusting my IQ? If I bring my cable and lap top?

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
Great! Thanks for your support and, yes, there will be more than a few "Gurus" at Fest.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Will there be a swap meet with used parts?
How about help with my computer questions and like adjusting my IQ?
LOL, I really need to improve my IQ on VW's!
compu_85 will be doing a VCDS tech session on Saturday afternoon. He can probably explain the IQ adjustment if you'd like.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
VDSPro?

OK, a related question regarding VDSPro
Who has knowledge, AND A WORKING SET-UP, of VDSPro that can walk / talk me through the steps needed to reprogram my 2005 wagon hatch to keep the electric hatch switch active indefinitely the entire time the four doors are in an unlocked state?

I have serial laptop, and DOS / VDSPro boot disk, and generic serial cable (and VCDS serial cable too). I can start and boot to DOS / VDSPro, use the cursor keys to navigate on the laptop, but can't communicate at all.
Is it my laptop? my cable? my software? my car?

If yours works on your car, would you try mine on your car? Would you try yours on MY car? I really want to get this figured out and having a known working system may help find out why mine doesn't connect.

Last edited:

KCCats

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jeta Wagon
I have about that same question for my 03 and my 04 Wagons!
I want to be able to leave the hatch unlocked with the doors, but lock when I lock the doors.
On my 03 I was able to get the doors NOT to lock automatically!
Im not very computer savey and need to learn how to use the cable I have.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Will I be able to buy things from vendors?
Yes you will! Cascade German Auto Parts (BleachedBora) and Fix My VW (AARodriguez) will both be on site with parts and accessories for sale. Frost Heater will also be there, as well.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
OK, a related question regarding VDSPro
Who has knowledge, AND A WORKING SET-UP, of VDSPro that can walk / talk me through the steps needed to reprogram my 2005 wagon hatch to keep the electric hatch switch active indefinitely the entire time the four doors are in an unlocked state?

I have serial laptop, and DOS / VDSPro boot disk, and generic serial cable (and VCDS serial cable too). I can start and boot to DOS / VDSPro, use the cursor keys to navigate on the laptop, but can't communicate at all.
Is it my laptop? my cable? my software? my car?

If yours works on your car, would you try mine on your car? Would you try yours on MY car? I really want to get this figured out and having a known working system may help find out why mine doesn't connect.
I don't think he's coming to Fest, but I can ask Lito if we can borrow his set up. I'm not at all versed in VDSPro, but maybe Jason can help.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
Just e-mailed Lito and he no longer has his cable, so that was a dead end.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Just e-mailed Lito and he no longer has his cable, so that was a dead end.
I just sent a message to Jason asking if this is something he might be able to do. I think he has VDS Pro kicking around the house somewhere. :)

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Lito tried, without success, to get my kit to work at that MD lunch GTG, (remember? then I topped off at your bio supply in Baltimore?). I'm still looking to get the rear hatch programming sorted to my preference.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
Lito tried, without success, to get my kit to work at that MD lunch GTG, (remember? then I topped off at your bio supply in Baltimore?). I'm still looking to get the rear hatch programming sorted to my preference.
Roger that. Old age, I guess... :D