Bluetooth cuts out during phone call

Highline Driver

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline Sedan
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem. I make a call and from time to time in mid conversation I can't hear the other party. It turns out that the phone is still on the call, but it has disconnected from the car's bluetooth module. However, both the phone and the radio think that they are still connected.

I cannot end the call with the steering wheel controls like I normally can when a call completes successfully. And shutting the radio off makes no difference. I haven't tried pulling over and shutting off the engine to force a disconnect.

The solution that I've found so far is to go to my phone's bluetooth management screen and shut off the bluetooth. The message "connection to VW Phone has failed" comes up and then I turn it back on again and it reconnects. Happily this can be done while still on the same phone call but it is annoying.

I asked the dealer if they had heard of the problem but nothing yet. The phone is a Blackberry Storm 9530 running version 5.0.0.419 (platform 4.2.0.179) with Telus.

Thanks for any feedback you guys can provide.

Mike

bucilini

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI DSG
Try to delete the VW Phone from the phones trusted devices and re-pair them again. See if that fixes it. The other thing i can think of is there are 2 people in the car both with "paired phones" may cause an issue when the other phone tries to connect and thus kicks you out.

Highline Driver

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline Sedan
Try to delete the VW Phone from the phones trusted devices and re-pair them again. See if that fixes it. The other thing i can think of is there are 2 people in the car both with "paired phones" may cause an issue when the other phone tries to connect and thus kicks you out.
Thank you for the suggestion Bucilini, however I have tried that already and it didn't seem to solve the problem. And there hasn't been anyone with a paired phone riding with me at the time.