Air blower stopped working

Deevo_3000

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS
Good time for this to stop working, of course as soon as it gets cold! :rolleyes: No heat and No defrost sure is to drive with...
The fuse is good (#25 - 25A), maybe the fan motor just gave out? Any ideas?

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat sedan and 05 wagen
pull out glove box, motor connector should be visible, put 12 volts to it, see if it runs

Deevo_3000

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS
2004STARWARSTDI said:
Guessing you checked it on all speeds? Could be a bad resistor pack.
Yes, it doesn't run on any speed. I'm going to take it out today. I'll probably be stuck with the dealer if I need to replace any of this right?

Franko6

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
Deevo_3000 said:
Yes, it doesn't run on any speed. I'm going to take it out today. I'll probably be stuck with the dealer if I need to replace any of this right?
I'd make sure it's not the fan. Sometimes they get gummed up and quit, especially right about NOW... winter isn't good on the fans.

I usually have them in stock. I can have one by Tuesday if you like. $85 if it's the fan and $80 if it's the fan resistor pack.

merkerguitars

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Jetta
Pretty easy to replace the resistor pack/motor

For the resistor pack its underneath the glove box/ nothing to bad to remove just a piece of grey foam that is in the way.

Blower motor = ripping out the glove box which = ripping out the center console to get to the 1 hidden glove box screw.

Deevo_3000

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS
merkerguitars said:
Pretty easy to replace the resistor pack/motor

For the resistor pack its underneath the glove box/ nothing to bad to remove just a piece of grey foam that is in the way.

Blower motor = ripping out the glove box which = ripping out the center console to get to the 1 hidden glove box screw.
Hey thanks for the reply, i've been out of the country the last couple weeks so i didn't get to it until today. I don't know why they hid that one screw under the center console, kind of a PITA, whatever. Anyways, should I be able to pull just the motor part out? The thing doesn't seem to want to budge.