Titan 764's From BoraParts

Frankencar

Veteran Member
TDI
1991 GTI +TDI, Lifted 98 NB TDI, Corrado TDI Swap, 15 Golf TDI, a dozen TDI motors etc...
How about some facts:

Here is an AHU piston that cracked due to overfueling. This was with Bosio PP764 nozzles.

Here is one from a 1Z that failed more catastrophically due to a really bad injector. This was with unidentifiable nozzles.

And here they are together:

VWDAVID

Veteran Member
TDI
02 golf tdi
where is a pic of the rods they came off of did either engine throw a rod. A bad injector can easily melt a piston if you ignore the warning signs.

Also how can you be sure that crack was due to overfuleling. Looks more like a timing issue to me. I have seen water/ meth cause the same type of crack.

Last edited:

diesel-dave

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 wagon TDI, 2003 wagon Tdi, 2013 Q7 Tdi
A failed injector can dump fuel into the engine oil causing engine failure due to lack of lube(fuel dilution). Problem is the symptoms may not show up right away.

Most likely a failed injector that dumps fuel into the top of pistons will/can cause the piston to fail by burning a hole in it. No? then a chain reaction is possible end result tossing a rod? Maybe….

A dirty fuel injector or clogged fuel injectors CAN and will cause eventual catastrophic engine failure. No?

Out of the car, fuel injector cleaning, in the form of ultrasonic fuel injector cleaning and flow testing, is the only reliable, accurate and precise way to verify that each fuel injector is performing the way it should. No?
When all cylinders are operating evenly, you can expect emissions, drivability, peak performance and fuel economy to improve. Clean/Properly functioning fuel injectors are is always plus. No?

Stop bashing the high tech way of doing this….

Installing nozzles in a vise, as was done years ago or doing this and just pop testing just to see if they spray is a “at your own risk” crude way esp. with used injector bodies. If the spring in the body can’t hold the proper pressures, proper shims need to be installed giving the springs the ability to do so. You can’t guess or eyeball this. As “simple” as they are they still have a need to be done right.

Properly matched needles to the seat of the nozzle is important too. Tolerances and build quality are important. Not dribbling or leaking is important/ expected. The injection pump to the fuel hard lines to the injectors do a timed process in harmony if not all done right, your missing out and so is your car. even if you have the spray angle right, poorly contructed nozzles are going to be problematic.
VW DAVID and FUB DUB have you ever seen how these work in real life on a bench/ flow bench? or even install them? I have.

Last edited:

dieseleux

Théoricien -TDIClub Contributor
TDI
Jetta TDI 02
When a new nozzle are installed, if a careful adjustment of fuelling are do, there'll no dramatic event occur on engine due to nozzle.
Bigger nozzle, more fuelling, more HP, more stress and heat on piston, this is the risk are incurred... engine fail.
If your engine smoke like a train, dont let like this!

Dieseleux

diesel-dave

Veteran Member
TDI
where is a pic of the rods they came off of did either engine throw a rod. A bad injector can easily melt a piston if you ignore the warning signs.

Also how can you be sure that crack was due to overfuleling. Looks more like a timing issue to me. I have seen water/ meth cause the same type of crack.
if a melted piston jams in the cylinder from deforming, lack of lubricant or heat the wrist pin and rod will rip from the aluminum connection and go where it goes...
give me a break...

diesel-dave

Veteran Member
TDI
How about some facts:

Here is an AHU piston that cracked due to overfueling. This was with Bosio PP764 nozzles.

Here is one from a 1Z that failed more catastrophically due to a really bad injector. This was with unidentifiable nozzles.

And here they are together:

no way it was one of those talked about grey market bosios?

VWDAVID

Veteran Member
TDI
02 golf tdi
if a melted piston jams in the cylinder from deforming, lack of lubricant or heat the wrist pin and rod will rip from the aluminum connection and go where it goes...
give me a break...
That would mean the driver of the car was an idiot and ignored many warning signs something was wrong. If its hot enough to melt a piston there were many warning signs ignored. or the injectors were not properly set up. Its still a basic injector not much going on there.
Give me a break man.

Last edited:

Frankencar

Veteran Member
TDI
1991 GTI +TDI, Lifted 98 NB TDI, Corrado TDI Swap, 15 Golf TDI, a dozen TDI motors etc...

Rods were magnafluxed, measured, and put to use in perfect condition. The timing was spot-on, I set it myself.

dieselfuel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
Rods were magnafluxed, measured, and put to use in perfect condition. The timing was spot-on, I set it myself.
LOL! Spot on. Spot on what? VW factory spec...? You modified the engine. How do you what setting is "spot on"?

Acutually, what is your definition of "spot on"?

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
wow that eroded 1z piston looks like it came out of a boat motor and was sitting in salt water filled cylinder for a few months.

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
wow that eroded 1z piston looks like it came out of a boat motor and was sitting in salt water filled cylinder for a few months.
That's the new beta test of salt-water injection :D (Better than water/meth)

Frankencar

Veteran Member
TDI
...How do you what setting is "spot on"?
Acutually
Huh?

Acutually, what is your definition of "spot on"?
I think I get what you are trying to ask here...
I don't have a definition of spot-on, I just use the tools provided here in the TDI FAQ, and the Bentley manual.

I work with what little Knowledge I have. If there is something I missed - I am all ears. I sure hate damaging things due to a lack of information. Anything I can learn to make my TDI experience better is much appreciated.

Frankencar

Veteran Member
TDI
That's the new beta test of salt-water injection :D (Better than water/meth)

LOL! :D It sat for a little while outside.

I still can't figure out what idiot would have kept driving it till the piston looked that bad! The symptoms must have been INSANE!:eek:

I was driving when the AHU piston cracked - and it SMOKED HORRIBLY when it went. I had it towed home and pulled the head to find that tiny crack.

diesel-dave

Veteran Member
TDI
I still can't figure out what idiot would have kept driving it till the piston looked that bad! The symptoms must have been INSANE!:eek:
I was driving when the AHU piston cracked - and it SMOKED HORRIBLY when it went. I had it towed home and pulled the head to find that tiny crack.

Must of been an idiot right VW david?

VWDAVID

Veteran Member
TDI
02 golf tdi
Must of been an idiot right VW david?
No but I am begining to think you are. He said the rod was fine correc?:eek:. That is what we were taking about right a bad nozzle causing a thrown rod.:rolleyes: If your talking about something else now you may have to catch me up.

VWDAVID

Veteran Member
TDI
02 golf tdi

I have seen a few cracked pistons and cars still ran just not that great. How about the melted piston thats the one I was refering too. There were many warning signs on that one that were ignored or it was a turbo runaway and could not be stopped.

JarHead

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI Golf Gone But not forgotten. 2000 Jetta TDi Kerma Tuned
Hey I never said the nozzles threw my Rod...At no point did I say that. I don't know what caused it. People Trolling this need to stop. I do not blame the nozzles one bit. Ran VAG-COM to double check everything found nothing out of place. I trust the Nozzles I would use them again.

Frankencar

Veteran Member
TDI
I have seen a few cracked pistons and cars still ran just not that great. How about the melted piston thats the one I was refering too. There were many warning signs on that one that were ignored or it was a turbo runaway and could not be stopped.
The melted 1Z piston came from a junk yard engine - so I never got a chance to ask the owner "What The **** is wrong with you?!?"... The other 3 pistons from that motor look good, so it wasn't a turbo failure based runaway. Most of the aluminum that melted off that piston ended up bonded to the bottom of the head, and in the exhaust port - mixed with a ton of carbon, pieces of the rings... :eek: The cylinder walls are wrecked beyond repair - I don't think going to 81.5mm would even clean them up. The motor could be turned over by hand though, and the rods, crankshaft, Intermediate shaft are all fine. The Turbocharger however is not - it's had some minor "modifications" to the exhaust wheel by the bits of piston that passed through it. :D

JarHead

Veteran Member
TDI
you installed nozzles and car threw a rod... weird........ ive installed lots of geniune bosio's and rods never went...

getting on flame suit now....

At what part did say the nozzles cause this. Are you Retarded??

Frankencar

Veteran Member
TDI
Hey I never said the nozzles threw my Rod...At no point did I say that. I don't know what caused it. People Trolling this need to stop. I do not blame the nozzles one bit. Ran VAG-COM to double check everything found nothing out of place. I trust the Nozzles I would use them again.
Agree. :) If the damage caused to that 1Z piston (which was most likely a bad injector) didn't throw a rod - I can't imagine how bad a nozzle would need to be to throw a rod! :eek:

I will probably be buying a set of Titan nozzles for my GTI. I can't find any reason not to.

JarHead

Veteran Member
TDI
Agree. :) If the damage caused to that 1Z piston (which was most likely a bad injector) didn't throw a rod - I can't imagine how bad a nozzle would need to be to throw a rod! :eek:

I will probably be buying a set of Titan nozzles for my GTI. I can't find any reason not to.

I put 10k on these nozzles. Without one problem. If I end up with another ALH I will have these nozzles. Good luck with your Build.

diesel-dave

Veteran Member
TDI
No but I am begining to think you are. He said the rod was fine correc?:eek:. That is what we were taking about right a bad nozzle causing a thrown rod.:rolleyes: If your talking about something else now you may have to catch me up.
Jarhead has no clue, he traded it in on a new car, on his road trip..so no one will ever know

Last mod was nozzles, oil was checked...on his roadtrip motor blew up....nothing follows

If you go back its all about jarheads car...tdis dont just self destruct for no reason...

diesel-dave

Veteran Member
TDI
If you want piss away money being a guinea pig go right ahead.
Im just a customer that has zero issues with what i use, i try to pass it along and you guys start name calling...grow up

If you want to blindly be led off a cliff go ahead... ill stand hear and watch..

diesel-dave

Veteran Member
TDI
Jar head
When you can adjust your own IQ and use a vag com you can start calling people retarded

Your car had blew up because of the owner period

VWDAVID

Veteran Member
TDI
02 golf tdi
I know that but the one real troll here planted the seed that if you had bought bosio it would not have happen. Thats what sent this thread in this direection. I was simply saying a bad nozzle will not cause an engine to throw a rod not if the nozzle worked well enough to drive the car with out smoke.
Bottom line is he is a troll pimping bosio nozzles and because you went a different route (titian nozzles) that must have been the problem. One thing I hate about this site it like they try to lead the sheep to on pasture. I like to graze multiple pastures I dont like all my eggs in one basket either. lol

Sorry for you car though.

VWDAVID

Veteran Member
TDI
02 golf tdi
If you want piss away money being a guinea pig go right ahead.
Im just a customer that has zero issues with what i use, i try to pass it along and you guys start name calling...grow up

If you want to blindly be led off a cliff go ahead... ill stand hear and watch..

Really passing along your great experience with bosio is all good but thats not what you did. You tried to bash titian nozzles by insenuating that the nozzles cause his engine to blow. So you sir are the one that should grow up and go back to tdi school.

diesel-dave

Veteran Member
TDI
Really passing along your great experience with bosio is all good but thats not what you did. You tried to bash titian nozzles by insenuating that the nozzles cause his engine to blow. So you sir are the one that should grow up and go back to tdi school.
Bad nozzles can blow up diesel's period. If you do something then your engine blows up its worth investigating.
Too bad the car was traded in... we will never know...and thats a fact

foxracer1

Veteran Member
TDI
98 A3 TDI 5spd, 86 w/TDI 02A in prog.
You guys are all speacial for blowing this thread up with endless fighting over unknown facts of more than one engine failure.:eek:

Wars are fought over religion, money, land, and brand of injectors for a TDI :D

JarHead

Veteran Member
TDI
Jarhead has no clue, he traded it in on a new car, on his road trip..so no one will ever know

Last mod was nozzles, oil was checked...on his roadtrip motor blew up....nothing follows

If you go back its all about jarheads car...tdis dont just self destruct for no reason...

Damn Dave. You must have been hiding in my Tool Box when I was doing this Mod. How do you know it was my last mod??? Did I say that is was my last Mod?? No I did not!! You are Bashing Nozzles you are bashing me. Why?? What did my Nozzles ever do to you? What did my car ever do to you? I have over 10k miles on the nozzles and over 240k on the engine. I don't think me lossing my engine had anything to do with my nozzles or the fact that I CHECKED....not adjusted my IQ with VAG-COM. Dude you are making this stupid. Please stop reading in to what I write and if you have something constuctive to add please do. If not Kindly Shut your Mouth!!!