Sound off: Would you attend a TDI Fest in St. Louis?

Would you attend TDI Fest 2013 IF in St. Louis, Missouri?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TomJD

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI GLS, 2015 Golf TDI
Count me in. I don't currently have a TDI, but I'm looking at all possibilities to put a slightly larger diesel engine in my '84 Dodge Rampage.
We could certainly use your help in planning, if your so inclined ;)

drummond

TDI
98 Jetta (sold) 01 Jetta (current)
This would be great. I've been wanting to make it to a get together.

Last edited:

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Oh drat, someone leaked a glimpse of the area around the hotel where I'm trying to propose/coordinate the possibilty of this event! :eek:

1. The Wildwood Inn: ~100 rooms starting in the $90s for 2 people, of which 17 are sub-$150 suites up to 5 people
2. 2 level parking structure
3. Indigo Joe's: Sports Pub/Restaurant with entrees under $10, discounts for hotel guests, my sandwich was delicious
4. Table 3: A slightly more upscale restaurant
5. Llewelyns Bar and Restaurant
6. a cafe
7. El Maguey Mexican restaurant
8. Starbucks
9. Cold Stone Creamery (Ice Cream)
10. A frozen yogurt place
11. Dierbergs supermarket
12. Walgreens pharmacy
13. 10 screen movie theater
14. A shopping boutique
15. A specialty shop for ladies shoes (to help you guys sell this to your wives and girlfriends)
16. Wildwood City Hall and Police Department

Plus several other retaurants and specialty shops/antiques within a couple miles. Top quality diesel station about 5 miles east.

Don't let VeeDubTDI know about this breech in security, it is not official, and I'm prepared to deny everything you've seen. :eek:

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e

This looks like a very promising location - need to work out a few details with the city of Wildwood regarding permits for various things (including parking). The grassy area around the garage could potentially be used for vendor tents.

As Dozenspeed said, this is all very tentative and we're waiting for more information from a few people/entities in order to determine whether or not this is a viable venue. :cool:

In the near future, I can share more information on specific roles and responsibilities that need to be filled. Staffing requirements for TDIFest continue to grow because the event itself continues to grow and we want to make sure we have all of our bases covered in order to put on the best show possible. Stay tuned! :D

woofie2

Veteran Member
TDI
Former TDI owner
Oh drat, someone leaked a glimpse of the area around the hotel where I'm trying to propose/coordinate the possibilty of this event! :eek:

http://pics.tdiclub.com/data/5630/stlfvenue14.jpg

1. The Wildwood Inn: ~100 rooms starting in the $90s for 2 people, of which 17 are sub-$150 suites up to 5 people

2. 2 level parking structure

3. Indigo Joe's: Sports Pub/Restaurant with entrees under $10, discounts for hotel guests, my sandwich was delicious

4. Table 3: A slightly more upscale restaurant

5. Llewelyns Bar and Restaurant

6. a cafe

7. El Maguey Mexican restaurant

8. Starbucks

9. Cold Stone Creamery (Ice Cream)

10. A frozen yogurt place

11. Dierbergs supermarket

12. Walgreens pharmacy

13. 10 screen movie theater

14. A shopping boutique

15. A specialty shop for ladies shoes (to help you guys sell this to your wives and girlfriends)

16. Wildwood City Hall and Police Department

Plus several other retaurants and specialty shops/antiques within a couple miles. Top quality diesel station about 5 miles east.

Don't let VeeDubTDI know about this breech in security, it is not official, and I'm prepared to deny everything you've seen. :eek:
not to mention 15 minutes from 6 flags, (bring the kids and send them off to have fun)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
This looks like a very promising location - need to work out a few details....

As Dozenspeed said, this is all very tentative and we're waiting..............

In the near future, I can share more information....Stay tuned! :D
Whew! Boss ain't too mad at me! :D

not to mention 15 minutes from 6 flags, (bring the kids and send them off to have fun)
You are correct, and there is a nice Holiday Inn down there too in case of possible overflow. Based on the poll, the Wildwood may fill up fast. Not trying to be cocky, but realistic with a contingency. :eek:

Nicely done dozenspeed!
I haven't done much yet, and if this gets pulled off it'll be mostly VeeDub's doing. I'm just hemorrageing excitement, and anxious to reveal my unique Fest activity. ;)

But thanks to everyone for their encouragement. :cool:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Not mostly my doing... you've put more thought and work into this than I have so far... and there is plenty more where that came from. :eek:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Also, my schedule this year won't allow me to commit the same amount of time that I have in the past... and I'd like to play a bit more at Fest than I've been able to in the past. Time to pass a few torches around and provide guidance. :)

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars
I always thought that one of my TDIs would look good in Missouri. :cool: Only been there with (what I remember) the 68 Ford Falcon wagon, 72 Ford Torino 356 Cleveland wagon, and 78 diesel Rabbit (and a nondescript rented moving van).

I have kin there, so it could be an excuse for the 1200 mile drive...

I like it.

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Also, my schedule this year won't allow me to commit the same amount of time that I have in the past...
Don't scare me off now!

and I'd like to play a bit more at Fest than I've been able to in the past.
I'll do my best to ensure you have some freedom for more leisure and fun, and will be disappointed if you don't participate in my main activity. ;)

One thing I'm confident of is, I've got the local area information tour guide thing HANDLED. ;)

TomJD

Veteran Member
TDI
I guess if we do have overflow, someone could always throw up a tent in my front yard LOL

jvjump

TDI
Black golf tdi four door
I would be their also a mountain bike trail up the road to. Some great riding. If we get a date can also get in touch with them also.

sdubois

TDI
2000 Jetta, White
not to mention its less than 10 minutes from where I work[St. Albans]...where is that top notch fuel at?

everyone else FYI there is also an Audi and VW dealer[parts/fuids etc you never know, but oilhammers shop is only an additional 20mins down the highway] right down the road, not to mention dozens of restaurants[in addition to posted above] and whatnot around the area, including a Whole Foods 10-20 mins away

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
where is that top notch fuel at?

I'm big on Quiktrip in general, they are first rate in all things, and they have their "guarenteed gasoline" policy. (IF their fuel causes a problem, they claim to pay the repair bill) The one I refer to is at Manchester/Ries Rd. If I were you though, I'd use the one on Hwy K by the Cracker Barrel @ I-64/40 as well. :)

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Funny! I never thought it would apply to diesel. I assume it would. There aren't many QT diesel stations down in Oakville though :cool:
It better apply! QT at 55/S. Lindbergh has diesel. Technically your zip code reaches within one mile of it. :)

tbarnhart

TDI
2010 VW Golf TDI
I'll be there for sure. Only a few hours away from me. Not sure if I could help out too much but I'm willing to try.

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
The following is a repost from another thread, in case anyone hasn't seen it. :)

Here's a crudely modified map to illustrate where/when the past fests have been. While "too much New England" has been a voiced complaint, I think folks have done not too bad of a job bouncing it around:

Here is another highlighting the interstates that go DIRECTLY to/through St. Louis Missouri:

All this is part of why I think the STL is an excellent candidate and it being here in 2014 would be a timely benefit to growing the event and reaching more and newer members of TDI club. It the 3rd farthest west ever and very very central to all of the US east of the Rockies. Where there are interstates there is population, and many many folks are near equidistant from Denver to DC, and Texas and Florida to St. Paul. :)

TomJD

Veteran Member
TDI
It better apply! QT at 55/S. Lindbergh has diesel. Technically your zip code reaches within one mile of it. :)
You're right! Filled up my gas car at it today. When the QT on Telegraph went in a few years ago I should have petitioned them to put in diesel. Shell up the street has it.

sdubois

TDI
2000 Jetta, White
Oh ok, it's not just me then that felt QT has the best in the area, although I almost always fill up with biodiesel from Biofuels USA out at hwy 70 and 19(also have property out there and is the fastest way home from Hermann Wurst Haus)

Tom I just noticed you have the manual version of my car, what color? your worst mpg is my best :'( [cant wait till i can afford 5spd swap]

TomJD

Veteran Member
TDI
Tom I just noticed you have the manual version of my car, what color? your worst mpg is my best :'( [cant wait till i can afford 5spd swap]
Its all black. The 5 speed was a must for more reasons than just MPGs. :D

sdubois

TDI
2000 Jetta, White
The 5 speed was a must for more reasons than just MPGs. :D
Yes I'm not sure what came over me to get an automatic, it was probably the extensive documentation and excellent condition, and being blinded by the excitement of just 40mpg[came from a 5spd powerstroke...21mpg on a good day, avg 19]

I'm accepting quotes for a swap[including parts]...

Status
Not open for further replies.