NorCal TDI owners roll call...

NFSTDI

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'98 Jetta
I'm planning a social GTG so if you want in and have scheduling or location preferences now is the time to speak up.

Cheers,

Tom

Tbirdtree

Veteran Member
TDI
none at the moment
I'm in!

ToDIefor- I belive this is just a social GTG. Ndamico is putting on a wrenching gtg in Sac this summer. That would be the best bet for clutch work.

MarsBar

Veteran Member
TDI
B4V#2 "Flash", 2000 Jetta GL, B4V#1 "PaTuDI" (2008-2018 RIP)
If it's a weekday, maybe start it either 6:30 or 7pm, so us out of towners have a little more room to account for traffic problems (& spouses who drag their tails about getting going).

Yeah Yeah

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 slvr TDi(R.I.P)
I'm down as long as it is NOT the second Friday of the month, that's dedicated to my aircooled ways;), and I will say that any and all aircooled shows do take precedence for me(and there are ALOT coming up).

During the week I'm a deffinately out as I am currently working in Merced and living in a hotel:(

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
I work most weekends, so in keeping it social, I say we stick to a weekday - Thursday's or fridays (Friday's might have less rush hour traffic for those of us who have to haul a ways to get there). Leave the weekends for the big stuff.

I say either first or second Friday's of the month. we've already started on the second Friday's. it's easily moved to the first Friday. But we need to make a decision soon and post it. It won't be convenient for everyone, but that's the way it goes, not everyone can make them. Life happens. :eek: But if we start 'em and keep 'em consistent, everyone can plan for the next one's accordingly.

But someone's gotta make the decision and stick with it. :)

It seems that there's a lot of suggestion for east bay or north bay. let's not forget those of us coming from the south bay. May I suggest somewhere on the Penninsula, or San Fran proper so it's more central. if y'all want waterfront, consider a place on the waterfont in one of those locations.

time is ticking. let's pick a spot and go. :D

rallyruss

Veteran Member
TDI
98 TDI jetta, 05 passat wagon
another south bay resident here. Santa Clara.
In my opinion its a nicer drive to head up to the peninsula after work on a weekday. 880 North often sucks. That also should be counter commute for you east bay folks. kind of a central location for the bay.
I guess friday evenings would be cool.

Out by half moon bay would be a nice place. Its close to skyline for a bit of play too:D
http://www.halfmoonbaychamber.org/visiting_hmb/beaches.html

just a thought.

I would bring my VAG com If anyone needed some things checked or adjusted.
Trying to get more familiar with my new tool.

Its about time I get back into the local TDI scene.

NFSTDI

TDI
'98 Jetta
I don't cross the Bay Bridge in the evening unless I'm getting paid or have tickets to something really fun so I'm not likely to do anything in SF or south of SF unless it's during the day on the weekend.

First and third weekends are parenting weekends for me.

NFSTDI

TDI
'98 Jetta
OK folks, two succussfull socials and gearing up for a third....now is the time to speak up about preferred locations...next one will very likely be in the southbay to reward those who made the drive north....

MarsBar

Veteran Member
TDI
Got 2 possibilities, both at McCarthy Ranch (hwys 880 & 237 in Milpitas:
Fri the 8th at the In&Out Burger around 7-ish
Sat the 9th at Hometown Buffet around 9am (car talk over brunch?)

Which will get the best turnout? How about all you Santa Cruzers???

CATDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 A5 Jetta TDI Pkg #3
Working in Milpitas I'd vote down the Milpitas area just on the stink factor alone. :)

We could goto the Big Dog restaurant in Willow Glen. It has a large parking lot, outside benches with tables to sit on and they have good burgers and dogs. Excellent shakes and ice cream as well.

Just a suggestion!

Any ideas on dates?

-Ed

MarsBar

Veteran Member
TDI
Has to have very easy accessability on/off a freeway for giving directions, etc. Assume no one else is familiar with the area but you.