Bad Fuel or Anyone else experiencing Long Cranking with Fix (14 Jetta)

GearGuy2014

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
Maybe I just got a batch of bad diesel but ever since the fix (two weeks ago) I've had 4-5 starts that are taking 6-7 seconds of cranking to start. Normally the car fires right up and I only experienced this once a year ago with what I believed to be bad diesel. I'm on my second tank and I have experienced it on both tanks but I filled up at the same station both times.

Is anyone else with a Gen 1 TDI that is fixed experienced longer cranking times?

I'm going to top off with some premium diesel at a different station and probably put some Optilube in it to see if that resolves it.

marmur99

TDI
2014 Beetle DSG Sun+Sound+Nav; 2015 Touareg Lux
I haven't noticed anything like this with my "fixed" 2014 Beetle. It's slightly louder when running but starts with no issues. I fill up at Shell.

GearGuy2014

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
I haven't noticed anything like this with my "fixed" 2014 Beetle. It's slightly louder when running but starts with no issues. I fill up at Shell.
Hmm ok I topped off with some good diesel tonight so hopefully that resolves it.

It does seem like it regens alot more often - do you feel the same way?

duratitus

Veteran Member
TDI
Several different models. Selling them back to VW
You might consider changing the fuel filter especially if you suspect you had a bad batch of fuel.

FlyingVan

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen
I had my 2011 fixed about a month ago and I too, sometimes, experience longer crank times. This has never happened before the fix as far as I can remember. I am curious if it is just a coincidence or it is caused by the fix. I don't think itbis caused by bad fuel.

Chummy

TDI
2014 Beetle TDI
I am also experiencing this same phenomenon since completing the emissions mod on my 2014 Beetle TDI. It's not every time, and appears most often to be after a night in the garage before heading out for a new day. It never happened prior to the mod.

GearGuy2014

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
It seemed to be resolved a bit when I put in a premium diesel but I did still get it once even with that so Im not sure what might be causing it.

Sort of glad Im not the only one seeing this issue.