Which cylinder heads will fit my DDAA engine?

Deltaman

TDI
Audi A3 8P with DDAA swap
Hello folks,

I've bought a DDAA engine, from a VW Passat 2016 190HP.
Unfortunatly the seller didnt told me that the head was damaged.

I'm searching for an replacement cylinder head. The part number of the original cylinder head is: 04L 103 064 J. And is hard to find.
I've found a lot other cylinder heads with exactly the same part numbers, but different end letter at the end, for example like: 04L 103 064 F.

The camshafts are the same. The part number of mine is: 04L 103 308 C.

Now is my question: can I swap the cylinderhead of mine (04L 103 064 J) with an other CR engine? Or which ones will fit, besides the original one of course.

Thank you very much!

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
Hi, you can puy any cyl head from the 150-184 hp engine since they are identical.
04L103064E and C , this is good for you

Are you making the swap to the 190hp engine? Intending to tune it or leave it stock?
Curious how it goes. I am considering myself an engine swap like that.

What is wrong with the cyl head? You should be able to repair it.

Last edited:

Deltaman

TDI
So basically I can use any 2.0 CR cyl head, they are all the same. (To be clear 1.6 isn't the same? The reason I doubt is because the cams and cover do.)

The reason i want to swap out the head is because the engine comes from a wrecked car, 1 injector was hit and broken. Also the cams seized due water damage. So I don't want to rebuild the head and want to swap it over from an other engine due the rebuild costs.

My BKD makes 185HP with a chip and straight exhaust. My intention is to swap the 190hp, delete all of the EGR and DPF stuff. Then a software tune. My Goal is +/- 240hp if possible.

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
You can do 235-240 on stock pump. To go to 300 you need cp3 upgrade + turbo.
There is a lot of wiring to do the swap.

Deltaman

TDI
Any info is welcome.. This swap is new for me and I'm gathering information everywhere i can. :p

What i've been told is that i need the engine wiring harness and ECU of a random CR 2.0. One side goes to the engine, while the other fits on the plug which comes from the car it self.

Can you tell me which one i can use? Or do i need to stick with a DDAA ECU and harness?

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
These new engines have secondary oil circuit controlled by ECU so you need ecu +wire harness from the engine you bought.
Probably other things as well, so get that ecu and harness.

Deltaman

TDI
I've bought me a Golf Mk7 GTD CUNA engine

I'm going to swap over the 190HP turbo on the CUNA engine.
The DDAA turbo is watercooled, so i'm going to swap the hoses of the DDAA engine over to the CUNA engine.

Can you maybe help or supply me with info about PD to CR swap wiring?

Last edited: