FS: 2005 Passat GLS TDI Wagon - Hudson Valley NY

muns53

TDI
2005 Passat TDI wagon and 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon and 2002 Jetta TDI
UPDATE: see last post - car is being sold as-is for parts

Original post:

FOR SALE: 2005 Passat GLS TDI Wagon with 198K miles - needs NOTHING - dark blue with grey and all the GLS goodies

We just adopted my wife's nephew last week, so with four kids in the house we are back into van mode and are selling this with regret. I've owned two other TDI's ('03 Jetta wagon and '02 Jetta) and hands down, this car is leaps and bounds ahead in terms of comfort, driveability, smooth/quiet operation, size, and features. We regularly average 30+mpg and get 35+ cruising the highway at 75mph.

I bought it from "jetta ,97" in Dallas, TX in Jan '15, and I have kept up on all maintenance. The car needs NOTHING. Buy it and drive it anywhere with confidence.

Current condition/updates:
Located in zip 12528
Dunlap Signature HP (4-season high performance) 17" tires Nov '15 - 75%+ left
Paint is very good with a few dings (see pics)
Seats are excellent (see pics)
Interior is good with minor wear (see pics)
New transmission mounts (car has NO vibration issues)
New turbo outlet hose
New monster mats
New belly pan
New antenna
New MAF

Here is Marin's original tdiclub listing:

I have 2005 Passat Wagon with 158k that I fix almost everything on it for my wife but she does not like Automatic transmission, she want to have car with manual tranny :mad:.
Car is in Excellent condition and it is 100% TEXAS car and has 0% Rust on it.
Car has Brand NEW transmission form Dealer
Also all this has been done less then 500 miles ago :
-New timing belt kit with water pump
-New Turbo ( Original Garret)
-New camshaft and Lifters
-Full service done, (All filters and etc)
-New Alternator pulley
-New Both drive belt tensiners.
-New thermostat and coolant temp sensor
-New coolant flange under tandem pump
-New front tires (It has 17" factory tires).
At 130K NEW Balance shaft with gears install.

Here are a few pics:

Last edited:

muns53

TDI
Will do! I was planning to post them yesterday but it rained all day.

muns53

TDI
Rained again all day today - will get pics up asap.

muns53

TDI
And even more pics:

Last edited:

muns53

TDI
A few people asked about receipts for the major items - yes, I have receipts for all of the major maintenance items (BSM, turbo, cam, new tranny, etc.). The car has had $8K in major maintenance items - buy, drive and smile. :)

muns53

TDI
Well with lots of snow on the ground and the temps in the teens here in the Hudson Valley, we got to appreciate the heated leather seats and the great traction. Also nice to know this Texas-born car starts up fine in the cold. :)

I've had several inquiries but no offers yest, so this is still for sale!

tophergrace

Veteran Member
TDI
Alh
I have an 04 jetta wagon with all maintenance up to date in the same color i'd offer for straight trade. Manual transmission, mexico radio, new Tb, and billet cam.

muns53

TDI
Sounds like a great car! If you sell it, I'd gladly sell you mine, but I'm not looking for trades at this time (although I might be tempted by an Audi TT...).

muns53

TDI
I had a couple members ask questions about the exterior - there are a few scratches on the driver rear quarter panel and one very small dent on passenger rear quarter panel but that's it (you can see both in the pics). The rest of the paint is nice and glossy. Also, the headliner is not sagging at all and is in great shape. Happy to accomodate a tire kick and test drive - just PM me and we'll coordinate. Thanks!

Last edited:

muns53

TDI
Hi all, we had decided to keep the car, so we were driving and maintaining it and continuing to love it... but my son wrecked it last night (he's fine and so are the other drivers). The front end was crunched up but the rest of the car is fine. The airbag did not deploy. It's at 215K miles right now so I'm sure the insurance company will total it and make us an offer. From what I can tell, the radiator, hood, front bumper and fenders will need replacing. I expect to get the full repair estimate details soon, which I will provide.

I'm wondering if anyone wants if for parts - given that the BSM was done and the transmission was replaced and the interior is in great condition (except for the headliner now) and that it was well maintained...

I don't have the mechanical ability to take it apart and sell it, so you would have to buy the whole thing and tow it away. We live in zip 12528 in the Hudson Valley NY region.

If you want it, send me a PM and I'll send you back current pictures and we can work out a deal. I expect to have it all cleared up with the insurance company by the end of next week, so, don't delay if you are legitimately interested.

muns53

TDI
I spoke with the insurance company and the bank. I have to pay off the loan, then I take possesion of the title and can transfer it to someone if I sell the car for parts. It would make great guts for a TDI swap into a 4-motion or possibly repair the car and drive. I don't have a formal repair estimate - the estimator just totaled it due to the miles. If anyone has any interest, please contact me asap.