be sure to use synthetic blinker fluid

Heinz57

Veteran Member
Wow - what a rush. I just replaced my factory muffler bearings with Kaleco racing ones - what a difference those make. Dynoed and the white lady picked up 6-7 Hp and about 15 ft/lb of torque!!!! For six bucks twelve thirtythree it sure is a bargain. Check them out they also carry muffler bearing superlube for going around corners!!

------------------
2K Golf GL TDI
White/BLack
UPsolute Chip&Tuning box Descreened, K&N and rear fogs/euroswitch

Beowulf

Veteran Member
TDI
A3 Jetta, 1998, Green
I got a call from some guy last night trying to get me to buy 18 cases of Mobil's Delvac 12v blinker fluid.

Does the thicker viscosity of the Delvac 12v make a difference as compared to the AmSoil product?

RabbitGTI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
B4 Passat Sedan
The dealer is trying to put Castol Synthetic Blinker Fluid in my car, is it a true synthetic? As far as Delvac vs AmSoil,I'd stick with the Delvac unless you live in a very cold climate where the thinner AmSoil fluid will help your bulbs last longer because there will be less coldstart stress on the bulb filament.

SoTxBill

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 passatdsg 10 jetdsg, 09 jetdsg, 2006 jetdsg, 2001Jet, 96passat, 86jet, 81 jet, 78pickup all vw diesel.
Ok after a little research here's what I found out..
1.. synthetic blinker fluid can decrease stopping distance but be sure to use high compression taillight gaskets.
2. Using dehydrated water in your radiator can save weight.
3. a compression bypass kit reduces compression,, compression causes friction, and friction reduces horsepower, therefore you can increse horsepower with my compression bypass kits.(only recommended with synthetic oil.)
4. I am currently building a high performance fuse tester.. If you want to be absoutely sure, send your fuses to me and for a nominal fee, I will put them on the tester and make sure they open at the proper current.
5. Have a few wideband power bands left in stock for those who have too narrow of a power band.
6. Next week I will be looking at Compact Disc Brakes for those who want to upgrade.
7. and for those honda and rice car owners, I still have a few burnout kits left. For 4.99 each you too can burnout.
Gotto go get some coffee now.. Later.

[This message has been edited by TexasBill (edited January 25, 2001).]

weasel

Deactivated Member Account
TDI
None.
I have a question, just what the hell is blinker fluid ?? I have heard of brake fluid before, but how is this connected to the brake lights ? Do I have this in my car ?

------------------
95 Jetta TD,2.5" exhaust, Passat rims, Eagle Talon IC w/fan for now ...

truman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Passat Variant, Still miss the 03JW
Electrical connections to the brake light assemblies were believed to pose a safety risk, so manufacturers have adopted a hydraulic system using blinker fluid. Methane gas has been known to accumulate in some cars due to occupant digestive disturbances. Since brake light assemblies are sealed and don't have venting to the exterior, exploding brake lenses are a known problem. Just imagine the appropriate conditions, the driver hits the brakes and kaboom you have a natural gas explosion. The brake light assemblies would become inoperable under these conditions and the driver would no longer have a means to signal his distress.

weasel

Deactivated Member Account
TDI
None.
Neat, you always learn something new here. Do I have this, or is it just an A4 thing ?

------------------
95 Jetta TD,2.5" exhaust, Passat rims, Eagle Talon IC w/fan for now ...

DZLguy

Veteran Member
TDI
Y2k Jetta GLS TDI
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by weasel:
Do I have this, or is it just an A4 thing
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a standard thing on all VW's. Remember though, as I discovered...make sure your dealer uses the anti-windchill formulation of blinker fluid. The standard synthetic formulas will simply gell up in the winter and they you're really in trouble.

SoTxBill

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 passatdsg 10 jetdsg, 09 jetdsg, 2006 jetdsg, 2001Jet, 96passat, 86jet, 81 jet, 78pickup all vw diesel.
be sure to rotate you lug nuts when doing your seasonal air change.

an old triumph I use to have had directional cut-outs in the hub caps that actually acted like a fan and sucked air accross the disk brakes to cool them.. but you had to remember how important is was to get the hub caps on the right way..

Sooty

Veteran Member
VeeDubTDI, are you still using the old Summer/Winter air, I recently started to use I use AmAirs “Synthetic Air” in my tyres. It’s meant to be an all year round air, which exceeds VW specs, I believe that they used a modified version on the R-TDI rally car, I think it was called “Fresh”.

Should I be concerned? I tried to check the blinker fluid level on my car earlier today and could not find any blinking fluid.

BRUSSELS BELGIAN

Old Whig
TDI
1997 Passat TDI
STOP! You guys are forgetting a unique problem with B4 Passats which makes the whole "blinker fluid" issue far more complex. B4 parking light lenses are so poorly designed that sometimes they POP OUT of their retainers while driving, hanging only by their wires and banging on the fender (I am sure TOMO366 has done this) spraying blinker fluid all over the side of the car! Passat owners must then go to their "stealership" and buy (official "Autobarn" brand) blinker fluid removal kits, or even worse, have the mechanic perform the service at $65 an hour. Passat owners need to know: WHEN WILL NON-STAINING BLINKER FLUID BE DEVELOPED?

tommy37

Veteran Member
Geez, are you guys behind the times. If you are still changing to snow tires every winter, and back to ordinary tires in the spring, then you have to change the air too. If you have all-season tires, they come with all-season air which does NOT need changing.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Ah yes, the blinker fluid. I changed mine last week, my blinkers work much better now.

But here's the really important question...

Have you changed your tire air from winter to summer yet? I hear that this may have been the cause of the Firestone Tire problems. You'll also need to change your tire air whenever you change climate zones (example: tropical to arid, arid to arctic, etc.).

------------------
Über-Beetle: UPsoluted 2000 Yellow New Beetle 1.9 TDI 5-speed
1987 Diamond Blue Mercedes-Benz 190D 2.5 Turbo (sold, but considering re-purchase)
------------------
TDIclub Chat Room

s9utct

TDI
2013 Passat SEL
I just got my Flux-Capacitor install 2 weeks ago. My 2001 Jetta runs much better on 2012 Texaco diesel than the current. I've just ordered a similar Flux-Capacitor for a tanker truck and I am taking pre-orders for 2012 diesel fuel.

Maybe I should get a car hauler trailer too. Any one want a 2011 B7 Passat 4Motion v6 TDI 225 Hp 340 ft-lb torque and gets 95 mpg?? This model has fixed the leaking blinker fluid problem.

Tom Kuc

Veteran Member
Enough guys/gals, hot coffee came out my nose.
KaleCo-it does end in a vowel..
Don't forget dielectric grease, need that lubricity boost, so long as it is not from Australia and remember to safety wire everything or it will pop right out on you.
I won't believe a word of any of this until the German version is printed on an official letterhead.

SoTxBill

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I have decided to change to european tires and rims to improve traction..

but the dyno test are not showing any increase in preformance..

does anyone know where to buy european air to put in the tires.. I am told this will fix the problem.

ps... will i have to change to a metric tire guage??

any ideals would be appreciated.

Heinz57

Veteran Member
As you start a conversation with a french person quickly slip a Glad bag (Jumbo size)over their head and pull the draw string tight. After about an hour (Dont worry, they will not notice) remove the bag while the person still stands and continues to talk. Since this is hot air(based on ambient temperature it will rise) let it cool off suffiently or your tire pressure will be incorrect. Voila !!!! Instant european air for penney's per cubic foot.

PS: It is considered poor etiquette to ask a french person to place their lips directly on the tire valve !!!! To try this with a German is futile - the air freezes as it rises since the heart temperature never reaches 60 degrees. The evil DR. Evil

------------------
2K Golf GL TDI
White/BLack
UPsolute Chip &Tuning box Epsolonian Descreened, K&N, Oilguard and rear fogs/euroswitch
Super blinker fluid and high performance muffler bearing und dann bin ich sehr schnell...

[This message has been edited by Heinz57 (edited March 08, 2001).]

Mik

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2001, green
TexasBill:

Euro air can be had very inexpensively from airlines, who have to pump it out of the cabins in customs. You can get nearly-new transatlantic air from the Delta terminal for a fraction of the cost of importing new air in cylenders. The airline air also qualifies as "Jet-A Volumetric Capacitance Atmosphere", and will provide better handling at high speeds.

Also, don't forget to cross-drill your headliner.

Does anyone know if synthetic blinker fluid is compatible with my rear-window mounted Winky?

=Mik

[This message has been edited by Mik (edited March 08, 2001).]

Tom Kuc

Veteran Member
TexasBill, you people who use the cheapest air you can find crack me up-don't you know that the good air comes from Siberia, they have an additive which increases the density.

Mik, the only good Winkies are in Europe,and until our sucky voltage changes we won't see any of the good stuff. If you do a search you would learn that your Winky requires at least 15.071234125 volts.

Tom Kuc

Veteran Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TexasBill:
I have decided to change to european tires and rims to improve traction..

but the dyno test are not showing any increase in preformance..
And just how much did you pay for this dyno test, huh???????????????????????

does anyone know where to buy european air to put in the tires.. I am told this will fix the problem

ps... will i have to change to a metric tire guage??

any ideals would be appreciated.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mik

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2001, green
Tom:

"Mik, the only good Winkies are in Europe,and until our sucky voltage changes we won't see any of the good stuff."

Ha! Shows how little you know about the new advanced blinker line doping techniques. With an Erbium and Teflon doping compound poured in before bleeding the lines, I can run higher pressures in my opto-electrical fluid system and my E-spec Racing Winky is shining bright!

The secret is ferrofluidic titration, with deposits of Carbonized Race Augmentation Particles, or CRAP, being spread throughout the line. This eases the flow of blinker and brake light fluid, increasing my fuel economy and karmachameleonic gear boost levels.

That Siberian air thing is a good tip, though - I'll have to try that. Have you heard anything about whether I should de-humidify it?

=Mik

[This message has been edited by Mik (edited March 08, 2001).]

ScottTDI

Veteran Member
Valois,

Did you drive your TDI from M31? Were you able to make it on 1 tank? That may be the high mileage winner
Next time you go back, bring us some Ultra low sulpher diesel and some Upsolute blinker blend/warp field anti-collapser.

Scott

Tom Kuc

Veteran Member
Mik-DO NOT dehumidify the Siberian air, the few water molecules which are present have been shown to increase the lubricity between the air and the steel wheels resulting in a measurable boost to the rotating force inside the tire. A technical bulletin reports an increase of +.00897654 mpg.
The bad news is that the really good steel wheels are only available in Europe and until we raise the carbon content of our metal to Euro DIN ISO #2, a low grade stainless alloy, we have to use this crap.
An investigative article by the Catholic bashing media magnate Ted Turner reported that our wheels are distributed by a certain New York organization and that they are in fact from Australia.
TexasBill, did you really get deported from Canada (Quebec?) for not having either French air in your tires or a metric tire gauge within reach of a belted operator??

SoTxBill

Top Post Dawg
TDI
paper or plastic??
after reading about the airfilter test.. serveral things come to mind..

first off... dynos dont lie.. within the margin of error,, it would appear the the sythetic had just a smigin of gain...

but but but..

i believe the snorkel setup would introduce cooler air into the engine vrs a cone... in real driving vrs running on a dyno... cant prove it... but it sounds logical... so as we know the air temp is critical...(intercooler) the ram air box or not so ram air box does serveral things.. first of which is brings in cold air from the front of the car.. not from around the hot engine.... secondly if your in the dust country.. you know want the ram air-to air box does to separate dirt and water from the air...thirdly the air in front of the car is slightly higher presssure so you gain some althought the vnt may not need it...

so i would lean toward a viper panel if it were me... air box, cold air,,ram effect,, dirt and water separator...

but some folks like the sucking sound, the turbo spooling up.. and even though the dyno doesnt show it.. ... hmmmm..

makes me thing about my chrome stick shift knob.. althought the dyno doesnt show it... my butt g-meter says that taking off the muffler gives me 8000 more horse power... and my dog is bigger than yours...

then again,,some of us ole farts will just settle for great mileage,, and let you young whipper- snappers do all the flogging on your ponies...