Tech session: injection pump re-seal and case pressure relief valve

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
I have been given a time slot on Saturday at TDIFest for a tech session. After discussion with VeeDubTDI, we decided that I could do a session on resealing an injection pump, including the pump head. I have my own unique way of doing this on the car. Different than Dieselgeek's stretch-the-o-ring-around-the-outside-of-the-pumphead method.

I will also touch on many basics of how these pumps work and also show a common issue almost every VE pump TDI has; the case pressure relief valve.

If anyone attending Fest has a pump they'd like resealed, the labor to have me do it as a part of this tech session will be free. Just purchase a Bosch seal kit from one of TDIClub's trusted vendors (Boraparts, idparts, dieselgeek etc.), bring it and the car with you.

Ideally I would do this on an ALH. The angle of the pump on that engine makes it easier to show what's going on to a crowd. The upright nature of the 1Z/AHU pumps isn't as easily visible for such a demonstration. But I'll work with whatever comes up.

weare

TDI
new beetle
re-seal

Hi, will you be able to make video youtube, photos, and how-to. I have a front leak ..new to the TDI world my first prob. after 30,000 wonderful miles...

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
Hi, will you be able to make video youtube, photos, and how-to. I have a front leak ..new to the TDI world my first prob. after 30,000 wonderful miles...
Where in California are you? Remember that Matt is in Santa Maria and travels all over CA, working on TDIs. Perhaps you can attend a GTG nearby where he will be sometime.

Matt-98AHU

TDI
Yes indeed. I am in California and can do the job for you!

So, still no takers for a FREE injection pump reseal at Fest, huh?

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I don't believe it has been taken yet! Congratulations - one FREE injection pump reseal for you! :cool:

NOTE: *parts not included* - you will need to purchase your own reseal kit from one of the vendors. I recommend IDParts or Bleached Bora - both of whom will be at Fest and can bring those parts with them.

Matt-98AHU

TDI
I have a seal kit with me if it doesn't make it in time. $25.

Thanks for volunteering! I'll see you at Fest.

Feel free to email matt.gtr@gmail.com, call or text 734-717-7527

alfie

TDI
Jetta , 03, silver
Pump re-seal

My car is available also...2003 Jetta. Let me know...I haven't gotten the kit yet. Don't know if I can get it in time...- Chris

alfie

TDI
Jetta , 03, silver
Injection Pump kit ordered

Talked to Bruce at Bora Parts yesterday...ordered the kit and they are bringing it with them. Just in case you still need a car...I will have it. -Chris