Other diesels
1st place – SnowCub (1998 MB E300TD)

In need of TLC:
VeeDubTDI

SUNRG

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None currently. Previously owned 04 Golf TDI & 05 Passat GLS Wagon TDI
i just wanted to say thanks so much for allowing us to participate!

we arrived at TDI Fest just before 2pm Sunday, and really were not thinking about participating in the show & shine. we'd never been to a TDI Fest before and thought maybe the show & shine would be all super-modded TDI dreams made into reality.

there were some of those and then some TDIs that are just shining examples of their owner's love. ours fits into that category - so i asked tomo366 if there's any chance we could still get in and he said - "yeah i think so".

a few minutes later we had it parked in the appropriate slot, wiped all the bugs off the front, and we were thrilled just to be part of the event :D!

to get 2nd place was beyond cool. my 10yr old son Andrew was thrilled and can't wait for TDI Fest next year.

i can honestly say that the Sunday of TDI Fest 2009 was the day my son became and auto enthusiast. thanks again!

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
You are certainly Welcome!!! That Passat was very nice!! Somedays I wish I hadn't sold mine.......
But next I will be showing my New 2010 Jetta TDI Sportwagen!!

valvecrusher

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 Passat, '00 Jetta
How about some pictures, for those of us who were unable to attend the fest?:confused:

It would be nice to see the placers in each class....

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
People’s Choice Award:
jettafock

Congrats Dan. All the effort does pay off.

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
valvecrusher said:
How about some pictures, for those of us who were unable to attend the fest?:confused:

I'm kind of in agreeance with this request. I know the cars that were there but not the screen names. Mainly because I only showed up for a few hours and because I suffer from CRS.

I had to look up Jettafock to see what car this was and then I saw it was the PG Jetta PD with Montecarlo Wheels. I'm wondering who was the 337 clone.

I'll post mine later:)

Last edited:

airwolf

Veteran Member
TDI
None
valvecrusher said:

I do not think we got pictures of each individual winner. The winners were not announced until the banquet on Sunday evening, and many people left after that. When I got up on Monday the parking lot was cleared out.

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
The owners can post pics of their own cars.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
LOL @ in need of TLC. I got 1st place last year for it, and last place this year... I guess that's what happens when you're running around like a mad-man all weekend planning the biggest TDI event in history. ;)

airwolf

Veteran Member
TDI
None
VeeDubTDI said:
LOL @ in need of TLC. I got 1st place last year for it, and last place this year... I guess that's what happens when you're running around like a mad-man all weekend planning the biggest TDI event in history. ;)
I have to do this:

Or sleeping in till noon!!!:rolleyes::p;)

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
If I hadn't slept until noon, I would have been passed out on the auction table at the banquet. ;)

Damned wedding crashers. ;)

onlyinabeetle

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen
well technically shalon and I crashed the wedding... (actually some woman there invited us in at some point), they invited themselves to the party room somehow oops lol

airwolf

Veteran Member
TDI
None
VeeDubTDI said:
If I hadn't slept until noon, I would have been passed out on the auction table at the banquet. ;)

Right right, keep telling yourself that. What about the other 3-4 nights? ;)

SnowWife

Veteran Member
TDI
E300 DT (sold), E320 CDI, Gassers
VeeDubTDI said:

I wonder if you would have brought in a lot of money :p

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
VeeDubTDI said:

Sleep a fest? What's that? ;)

Last edited:

Rob Mayercik

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS, Baltic Green/Beige
Is it possible to request a copy of the scoring sheets on one's own vehicle? I'd like to see where I was lacking compared to the rest of my division. I'll likely never be able to compete with the guys sporting fancy rims/tires, lots of performance mods, and 5-clay-bar-a-week habits, but that didn't stop me from showing anyway this year or back in '06 (and, likely, won't stop me the next time I get to a 'Fest, whenever that happens to be).

The other thing I'd like to know for my own edification would be where I ranked overall in the class (6th out of 12, 15th out of 15, etc.). Even if it was, as I suspect, dead last or nearly so, I'd still like to know. Back channel, of course; I'm not THAT much of a glutton for punishment that I want to take my lumps in public.

One has to know what one's weaknesses are in order to maximize improvement for next time, you know.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
The scoring sheets were destroyed after tabulation.......

The categories are Outside, Inside, Underneath,
Engine and Mileage, on a scale of 1-10
(Low mileage is low points High mileage high points)

Last edited:

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Knowing I was second in a class of two really puts meaning to "first loser".

Were they averages of the three judges' scores on all areas,
or were certain judges assigned specific areas and their scores combined (i.e.: Judge 1 had underneath and engine, judge 2 had interior and mileage, judge 3 had outside)?

Knowing which judge will be inspecting which area will help me decide where to concentrate my, ummm.... effort, yeah that's it: my cleaning effort.

Sorry Tomo, Fred found the simple "green" I left for you...;)

Last edited:

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Lug_Nut said:
Sorry about that, another 30 minutes and that might not have been the case.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
I'm not complaining. That engine cover you brought me made it a closer score.
Had you been really worried about your ranking in our class you'd have waited until AFTER judging to present it to me.

petea4

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf GLS
Rob Mayercik said:
I'll likely never be able to compete with the guys sporting fancy rims/tires, lots of performance mods, and 5-clay-bar-a-week habits, but that didn't stop me from showing anyway this year or back in '06 (and, likely, won't stop me the next time I get to a 'Fest, whenever that happens to be).
Quite the opposite won the Golf class. I believe it came down to how clean and shiny your car was. Didn't matter how hard, rare, or different the mods were. Thinking the mods didn't recieve extra points/credit.

Pete

SnowCub

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 S350 BlueTec
petea4 said:
Quite the opposite won the Golf class. I believe it came down to how clean and shiny your car was. Didn't matter how hard, rare, or different the mods were. Thinking the mods didn't receive extra points/credit.

Pete
I actually think the mods reduce your points. I removed the ashtray in my wagon because it's where I chose to route my usb input cable through, plus I removed my broken cupholder and never replaced it. I think those things hurt me in last year's Show and Shine.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Every Judge judges every car.........There are a total of 50 points possible per car........Cars with high Mileage can get 10 points in that category......then it is the total of the 3 judges

Lug_Nut said:

Were they averages of the three judges' scores on all areas,
or were certain judges assigned specific areas and their scores combined (i.e.: Judge 1 had underneath and engine, judge 2 had interior and mileage, judge 3 had outside)?

Knowing which judge will be inspecting which area will help me decide where to concentrate my, ummm.... effort, yeah that's it: my cleaning effort.

Sorry Tomo, Fred found the simple "green" I left for you...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.