View Single Post
Old March 23rd, 2020, 16:05   #64
kjclow
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 55 max / 44 avg on beetle ~37 on JSW

If this were normal times, I would say that once again oil prices have dropped to the point of stopping sales of more econimical forms of transportation. However, these prices are reflecting two major factors that effect pump pricing.
One: The Saudis are punshing the Russians with extremely low barrel pricing and flooding the market to keep the Russians out.
Two: The world is on lockdown. Even those going out are limiting the distance and time behind the wheel. Much less fuel getting burned, so stock piles grow. There will come a time in the near futrue where the refineries will start cutting back production becasue they have no where to put the refined fuels.
Either one of these has tradtionally slowed or stopped the sales of hybrids, diesels, or electric vehicles. Add them together and the market faces a downturn that we have never seen. The lockdown is having a similar effect on cars sales in general. I can't tell you how amny emails I've recieved the last couple of days offering full on-line purchasing with delivery to my door. I'm also seeing more zero percent financing for 5-6-7 years and VW is even offering no payment for the first six months.

Last edited by kjclow; March 23rd, 2020 at 16:10.
kjclow is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06494 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 15.66 Kb. compressed to 13.96 Kb. by saving 1.69 Kb. (10.81%)]