View Single Post
Old August 20th, 2019, 09:18   #428
HeatAttack

TDI(s): 98 vw beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by brnsgrbr View Post
I am just going to add in my two cents on this one. I am currently running BF good rich K02ís. 27 inch on 16 inch wheels. Turning is restricted already. I donít see you being able to do 31 inch tires. Even with spacers. The issue isnít so much of how the tires turn out as much as the issue is the tire is rubbing on the firewall side because of the space.

I donít know the engine power train set up on your off-road vehicle. I will say, that getting out of first gear is a little harder even though itís just two more inches.

Below is what I need.
I am running airbags all the way around. What I would love, is to have the ability to have a CNC disc or two that are 2-3 3inches thick on top of my front airbags. I got a quote and the price was way too high basically $1000 to be able to do it not including labor. If anybody could get some reasonable pricing on CNC machining I would be very very grateful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am 100% unsure of how your bags are connected or what your exact needs are but if you are just looking for a 2-3'' "puck" on top of your air bags then I would just find some flat iron in the thickest stock you can, hopefully as wide as you would have the diameter of your "pucks" and hopefully at least 3/8 to 1/2 thick. Cut it square to the diameter your pucks would have been, drill your holes in each piece where needed, get some longer bolts, and stack them in there.

You can clean them up more round with a grinder if need be, and can weld them all together if you have the ability or want to, although I wouldn't think it would be necessary.

Only tools you would need are a grinder and drill. and you should be able to source the flat iron local for $50 or so. Itd be just as strong if not stronger than a CNCed piece of aluminum.

If it was my crappy beater car Id probably just use black steel pipes large enough for the bolts the fit through and cut them to the length I want the spacers to be.
HeatAttack is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06490 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 16.42 Kb. compressed to 14.95 Kb. by saving 1.47 Kb. (8.96%)]