View Single Post
Old August 20th, 2019, 07:25   #426
ItAintRodKnock
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 01GolfTDi
Fuel Economy: 40 with lift

Its just so hard to do everything on a budget.!.! Since its not world rally cross style, but more of an adventure crawl, id stay with the stock caliper then. Good mentioning.
Honestly, id be sure to have the metal skid plate. that's real important for keeping the oil pan safe, as well as, peace of mind nothings going to fly up there. Is a chunk of your remaining $$ but almost guaruntees you'll finish the race with oil pan intact and car still running. (There was a guy recently who did this kindof stuff to a jetta, his fun was cut short due to the,all too common, oil pan cracking.. due hitting the ground, sinking in mud i believe. Its on youtube)
Per budget, I would stick with the Bilstein TC sports, which do travel farther than stock and are significantly cheaper than the beefier HDs..
Junkyard jeep springs should be cheap, but annoying to get a hold of.(they seem to be the same diameter top and bottom, but are taller springs and are said to be the proper spring rate)
And that should complete the list.
($300) new bilstein TC-s
($350) new panzer plate and FullMetalJacket
(Sub$100) junkyard jeep springs
($100) suspension refresh kit(bushings and bolts and such)
Broke your budget, but not by much and those are NEW, possible to find used.

Speaking of used, my HDs have arrived, I'll swap them soonish, and will have a set of 60K+ mile used bilstein TC sports for sale. The rears have about 45-50K or so miles, as I swapped them for the monroe air shocks last year. Dunno your timeline though..

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
From FLA to CO!! 2001 Golf 4 door White: R520, Malone 2, McNally gauge, SB stg2E clutch, Panzer FMJ, FrostHeater, 2white2blue Moog 81055, Bilstein TC-s, homemade "$40 2 inch lift" Long time poster, now just a lurker.
ItAintRodKnock is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06393 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 15.90 Kb. compressed to 14.40 Kb. by saving 1.51 Kb. (9.49%)]