View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2018, 08:44   #399
TDIJetta99
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: low 38, high 61, avg 48

dhangejr

I tried replying to your PM but got an error saying you can't receive private messages at this time so here's my reply

Quote:
I lift the car until the wheels are a few inches off the ground, and support with jack stands usually at the factory jack points where you would use the spare tire jack.

left side brake line you can pull the clip that holds the line to the body and pull the line through just far enough. right side the brake line bracket unbolts from the body with a single 13mm bolt.

Personally I like to unhook the abs harness from the beam axle to avoid stretching the wires. you don't have to unplug from the sensors but there's one small tab that holds the harness about halfway to the sensor.
you'll want to take the parking brake cables off the support tab/wire things under the bushings too.

Put your jack in the center of the beam and put just enough pressure so it won't drop, then pull both long bushing bolts out and lower it down enough to access the bushings. It may be easier for you if the wheels are removed, but it's not necessary.

Then it's pretty much fighting with the bushings the same as you would with the axle out of the car...

Page generated in 0.06539 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 16.22 Kb. compressed to 14.61 Kb. by saving 1.61 Kb. (9.92%)]