View Single Post
Old July 30th, 2015, 23:01   #12
cfc1016

Fuel Economy: I'm an air conditioned gypsy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwUMO View Post
I actually live in Bethel and have always had the best intentions of attending one of these, but now can finally make it! Since I'm a few miles from the mountain, I thought it was a good idea to throw some local info together:

Camping:
Pleasant River Campground is W. Bethel is nice with a pool.
You could also do Stony Brook Campground as well.

If you just want to be uber frugal (because getting 50+MPG just wasn't enough ), the white mountain national forest has a great little campsite (drive up) at Crocker Pond in Maine. It's $14/day I believe.
Brian
I will be bringing my cattledog and doing the great gulf trail friday morning. I was going to go with Pleasant River Motel, as they are dog friendly, but camping sounds nice. I always love an excuse to rig up the hennessey. Only concern is showering. I get funky. Funkier than the other TDIFesters might appreciate! I see stony brook has showers, but don't see info about it for pleasant river. Any insider knowledge/recommendations?

I'm very excited to do atleast one of the recommended scenic drives. I've got a buddy in freeport who I hardly ever get to see. He's a VWhead and recently got his first TDI. He's slated to join for the fest and I really appreciate you providing the insider info on a great scenic drive for us to take together.

I see that the resort has a disc golf course, but it's not listed on DGCourseReview. I'm a somewhat serious player. Is it even worth playing?
cfc1016 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06458 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 15.97 Kb. compressed to 14.50 Kb. by saving 1.47 Kb. (9.20%)]