View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2019, 06:01   #4
Zed.

been working on my tdi'd 1987 mk2 Golf (brakes siezed & needs it's first bit of welding - patch under the rear seat :-? ) and moving stuff around in the unit...
empty space

a rather 'odd' place to find rust? was starting to rot from below so time to chop it out & repair :|

the mighty '90hp' AHU tdi engine, about 175'/lbs torque standard so not slow in the light mk2 lightly fettled & de-restricted so economical & fun as a daily 8-)
one day I'll tidy the underbonnet, I have a diesel airfilter box to fit & replace the inlet manifold with one from a 'pd130' Passat to have a bolted flange connection to the intercooler pipework (not a few 'jubilee' clips!) - one day....

the 'office', loads of rare ish bits on this car, the cruise stalk (NOS in box) was a nice find as it's only used for a year or so compared to the earlier & later stalks also the td dash cluster as it has an alternator triggered tacometer to work with the diesel engine (the car is running an ecu controlled 'fly-by-wire' throttle setup but mk2 golf's didn't have ecu triggered tacometers just ignition-coil triggered so this is a 'get-around')
also, Cruise working on a cable speedometer, used a hall-sensor on the rear of the speedometer to supply the vss to the ecu.
Ce1 wired car with adapted Ce2 engine loom, the car actually became tdi powered 3 years ago yesterday
must find intrest to weld the t4, it's mot expired in january & has been sitting in the unit since while still insured

another better photo of the t4's enginebay

more waffle to come....

Rich.

Last edited by Zed.; August 16th, 2019 at 06:10.
Zed. is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06167 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 16.63 Kb. compressed to 15.02 Kb. by saving 1.61 Kb. (9.69%)]