2015 Golf TDI Se

justin71105

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon (BEW)
Been looking for another golf tdi dsg the past few weeks. Drove 2 hrs to look at a 13' today, did not end up buying it.

A local dealer just had a 15' SE pop up for sale today I'm going to look at.

Prices a bit high for what it is I think, $16k with 43k miles and Black on black. Previously had a 14 and loved it, only sold back because it had major hail damage and I just kept ins check and buyback money to buy another tdi later.

Hopefully I can get them down a little on price and to throw in the 40k service since carfax does not show it done.

Like the addition of backup camera, push button start and leather seats that the 15' models got.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
Like the addition of backup camera, push button start and leather seats that the 15' models got.

That's probably not all you'll like once you drive it, most say the MK7 with the EA288 is leagues ahead of the older models in just about everything. The only thing I could do without is the regens but hey I'm keeping the air clean right?

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
As far as the price it may be OK, you're getting an SE and if it's a VW dealer CPO you'll get another 2 years on the B2B warranty, new tires and brakes etc. I only paid 14,900 but I got an "S" non CPO. Mileage was low tho at 26K. I wanted a white "S" trim model (do not like sunroofs) and it was not easy to find one. Glad I grabbed it, I really like it and it was very clean, unlike the private party one I looked at which had stains inside and higher miles for more money.

A lot of people are still pissed at VW but I think the remaining TDIs will become sought after cars before too long, and there aren't a whole lot of them out there. Heck the 7.3 Powerstroke is now a sought after truck and they made 2 million of them.

Last edited:

JM Popaleetus

Veteran Member
TDI
Signature.
I paid $14,500 out-the-door for an SEL with every option and 45k miles. Based completely on finding an identical car on the opposite coast for $12,500 (cheapest I could find), I then offered the dealer $2000 more as that’s what it would have cost to ship.

He had it listed for $17,999 originally.

Last edited:

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
My price was $14,500 out-the-door for an SEL with every option and 45k miles. Which was based completely on finding an identical car on the opposite coast for $12,500, I then offered the dealer $2000 more as that’s what it would have cost to ship.

He had it listed for $17,999 originally.
I probably could have gotten mine cheaper but I am a terrible bargainer. I still think I got a fair deal though, plus it was quick and easy for me.

justin71105

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon (BEW)
Its not CPO and kbb lists it as being $2500 overpriced. Looking over car gurus they going for around 13-14500 and then a few in the 15-16k but their cpo. If only they weren't 350+ miles away...maybe get one shipped if nothing else.

Hoping they listed price wrong and its like 13999. Will find out tomorrow when I do the test drive.

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
In that case I agree it is overpriced. They are probably assuming someone will bargain with them

Martin Winterkorn

TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE w/ Lighting Package
Paid $15k for my tungsten silver metallic with black leather interior and lighting package May 2018. Only had 18k miles on it at the time of purchase.

JM Popaleetus

Veteran Member
TDI
Signature.
2015’s will become increasingly rare as I’d assume they’re most likely the most in demand model year. They were also the first model year resold almost two years ago now.

So I expect those that are left on the lots are appreciating.

Last edited:

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Also widen your search area, there are "TDI hot spots" where prices will remain high no mater what.

Eitherway it's pretty great hearing dealers think they can get this kind of money for a 4-5 year old car.

T4RBoarder

TDI
'15 GSW SEL 6-spd "Diego"
'15 GSW SEL TDI Manual w/74k was up for $15.3k last week. Five people showed up to look at it the first day it was available.

justin71105

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon (BEW)
Yeah that car was not in great shape cosmetically and they didn't want to move on price.

Test drove the gti with fender stereo and really like it, but also like 40mpg I was getting out of my 14' tdi.

The passat tdi looks to be the one they have to most of 23 on the lot. Didn't look at any today b/c I was really wanting a Golf but looks like they are in short supply here used....gti/tsi or tdi.

Jetta's and Passat's galore however, never rode in a passat. Hoping it will have a better ride than the golf/jetta and have more luxuries, might be more what I'm looking for coming from my BMW 4 series. My 14' golf felt luxurious at the time lol, but been driving bmw 3 and 4 series the last 3 years and maybe gotten a little spoiled.

They have several for 11-14k in SE and SEL trim and 2 CPO that I like and are about what I was looking to spend. Also have 2 of the 2015 models CPO SLE for more $$. Looking to stay around $12-15k for a nice daily driver that will last.

Will try again tomorrow, Kbb on the ones they got are 2k less than they are asking. Maybe since they have soo many they will be more likely to work on $$ over the one golf they had. Nada value however is right in line with asking price.

--- Well none that I liked, they all mostly had cosmetic damage and all needed tires....CPO with 4 bald tires on one of them. Made 14500 offer on golf and I pay tt&l turned down.

Mainly want black interior and 90% of available ones are cream. So found a local dealer with a 12' Jetta tdi with 56k miles and premium package on car. Fix done Apr 19' so warranty should run until 2023 which is good. In pictures it looks pretty good and priced at the bottom of nada value. Black/Black, checking it out in thr AM, if it looks pretty good going to buy it. Cheap enough I won't have a note, and can murder it out lol.

Last edited:

justin71105

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon (BEW)
Made a deal on a 15 Golf Tdi se CPO car. Looks pretty good and has the 2 year unlimited mile warranty and then the 11 year 162k mile emissions warranty on it.

Going to detail it next week and try to bring it back to looking brand new again. Probably polish out everything I saw on it with my buffer.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Just remember that warranty started when it was first sold in 14 or 15 and minus the current miles on the car. Still good though.

justin71105

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon (BEW)
Yeah still goes out til 2026 and 162k miles. 2 yr bumper to bumper is way more valuable to me.

Full 40k service done 20 miles ago, 4 new tires installed and alignment done. Shows 1700$ for everything @ dealer price/labor.

Probably why they didn't want to budge much on price either.

Last edited:

justin71105

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon (BEW)
Pretty good condition, few swirls in paint but other that that very nice. Going to detail it next week when i get off work. Needs a good clay bar job, polishing with my buffer and a wax.

See why they were hesistant to come off price much.

While they were probably still making a good bit of money on it they had just done the 40K mile service and put a brand new set of tires on it all within the last 20 miles the paperwork on that came out to $1,700. Guess it needed it to be sold CPO, love the projector headlights that move with steering just like my bmw did.

Last edited:

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
Did you get new brakes and wiper blades? I thought all the CPO cars got brakes, tires and blades.

justin71105

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon (BEW)
Did you get new brakes and wiper blades? I thought all the CPO cars got brakes, tires and blades.
Have to read over the paper they give me, was 900 in parts and 850 in labor. New tires a d trans service were the big costs ones. Didn't read full list of parts they replaced.