Clunking under my feet?

06tdidrivr

TDI
Hello,
I recently purchased an 06' Jetta TDI DSG with 42,000mi about a month ago. I noticed a weak, hollow clunking noise under my feet when i'm driving at slow speeds over a bumpy road. It almost sounds like it could possibly be something loose under the car hitting the bottom. At least that what it sounds like. I do not notice it at faster speeds or when I have been driving for awhile. I also don't notice it when turning. I'm not sure what it could be, I'm new to VW, TDI world. Any Ideas?

Thank You,
Ken

TonyJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 Jetta TDI SE / '06 Jetta TDI DSG Pkg0 / '96 Passat TDI
I had an issue when we first bought the Jetta...All I could get out of the dealer was, "a loose bolt". I would look over the subframe completely and control arms in detail!

HTH

Tony

Joe_Meehan

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB TDI, 2002.5, Silver
I would start by checking out the exhaust system. My guess is something is loose. When the engine is cold try to move the exhaust system around and see if you can duplicate the sound.

06tdidrivr

TDI
Hello,
I did alittle bit of exploring and reading on here.
My TDI came with a Zerostart heater as well as metal skidplate. I reached down and there is alittle play in the heater which is very close to the skidplate. Has anyone ran into this issue of clunking which would come from the heater hitting the skidplate?
Also, is there any type of time limitation on how long I can keep it plugged in?

Thanks