1-1-2019 ho5g gtg

SnowCub

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 S350 BlueTec
I didn’t know they made an X3d. :cool:
Yep, sweet ride and Sheryl gets 35 mpg. I’m going to take the S since it’s the only car that is comfortable for me.

I do want to check out the Model3 without a salesman yapping at me if possible.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Tesla Salesman are OK at least the one I talked to was!
Sorry I couldn’t make it again this year hope everyone had a good time!

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
The best people ever!

Happy New Year everyone and have a good New Years GTG.
Happy New Year, Fred! Wishing you and the family good health and happiness. :cool:

Thanks to the V's for opening their home, once again, to our TDI community. It was great to reconnect with familiar faces, meet some new faces, and reminisce with the core crew. Mike and I had a great time. I miss you all very much!

Sorry to see that our little community is dwindling a bit, but it seems that a new interest is forming among our alternative fuel enthusiasts... electric! Still good to see the lift being used and some familiar TDI's making use of it for some basic maintenance and not traumatic needs.

Good friends, good food, the best people (and pets, cats and dogs alike) ever! Until next time (in another 6-7 years - hopefully not). haha. :eek::D

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars
Thanks so much Julie & Peter for another great GTG! Let's grant Hoagie his New Year's resolution to get a FFGTG in before next January!

Like Zippy said, it's a sign of wonderful people and good friendships that we 1) want to start off every year together and 2) can pick up the conversation from where we left off last time.

All the best for 2019.

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
I agree, thank you for hosting yet another great HO5G GTG. It was great to see everyone once again and thank you to Lawson and Jason for letting me drive your Tesla, it was a great experience.

TDIDaveNH

Left Lane Coal Roller at Large
TDI
1997 Passat TDI x2 1984 Buick Century 4.3 diesel
It's always great to get up with the gang again, lots of familiar faces. Thanks as always to Peter & Julie for being such gracious hosts.

Thanks as well go to both Jason & Lawson for doling out test drives in their most amazing Tesla model 3, it is abundantly clear that the future has arrived. What a blast and a really interesting vehicle...5 link rear suspension, aluminum doors and steel shell & front fenders and on and on.

My photography is terrible! lol

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
We enjoyed this year's annual pilgrimage to New Hampshire to ring in the new year with our New England family. It's been fun sharing this evolution-in-transportation experience with you all.

Peter and Julie, thanks for hosting as always. We appreciate the good food, good company and great hospitality.

Dave, thanks for lending a hand with the tire rotation. Regarding the wear on the inner parts of those front tires, I think part of the car's great turn-in is due to quite a bit of negative camber. 15,000 miles is too long to go between tire rotations... we'll try to keep it at 5,000 from now on. ;) We'll also have Tesla check the alignment and provide their input, just in case something is out of spec or there have been revisions to the alignment spec.

Last edited:

TDIDaveNH

Left Lane Coal Roller at Large
TDI
1997 Passat TDI x2 1984 Buick Century 4.3 diesel
I wonder if the car can adjust the camber itself based on the way turns are taken :eek:

Campbellonh

Veteran Member
TDI
formerly:Passat, 96, white and 10 Jetta, white gold
I wish I had been able to make it this year. Looks like a good time was had by all. Happy New Year.

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
BravO, Lawson & Jason! Electric is in all of our futures! You’re already there! When did you get it? I love the color. Is it AWD? As far as I can tell, all it needs is a head up display. I don’t like turning my head, but I bet you get used to it mighty fast. I’ve test driven every variation but the roadster. I tested the insane mode in snowy last February, and it ate up the road in spite of the ice/snow. I’m getting a Y just as soon as I can get an off lease one in 7-10 years? Fortunately my TDI is running GREAT (a baby @ 140k), so I can wait! By then they all should be wireless inductive charging... endless charging, baby! Also, Tesla is the only reason I would go from a standard to a ONE SPEED… (⚡baby!)
I think I’m going to break it to my family that I have to come by for a visit next year. It’s pretty much the only time the Club gets together now. Nice to see everybody hanging out in our temple! Ok, the garage.
It's always great to get up with the gang again, lots of familiar faces. Thanks as always to Peter & Julie for being such gracious hosts.
Thanks as well go to both Jason & Lawson for doling out test drives in their most amazing Tesla model 3, it is abundantly clear that the future has arrived. What a blast and a really interesting vehicle...5 link rear suspension, aluminum doors and steel shell & front fenders and on and on.

My photography is terrible! lol

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
BravO, Lawson & Jason! Electric is in all of our futures! You’re already there! When did you get yours? I love the color. Is it AWD? As far as I can tell, all it needs is a head up display. I don’t like turning my head, but I bet you get used to it mighty fast. I’m getting a Y just as soon as I can get an off lease one. ~7-10 years? Fortunately my TDI is running GREAT (a baby @ 140k), so I can wait! By then they all should be wireless inductive charging... endless charging, baby! Also, Tesla is the only reason I would go from a standard to a ONE SPEED (⚡)!

I think I’m going to break it to my family that I have to come by for a visit next year. It’s pretty much the only time the Club gets together now. Nice to see everybody hanging out in our temple! ��
All-wheel-drive. We got it at the end of August and it has 16,000 miles on it already. :eek:

Inductive charging has a way to go. It very expensive and not particularly efficient right now. Plugging in has been a non-issue for us.

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
All-wheel-drive. We got it at the end of August and it has 16,000 miles on it already. :eek:
Inductive charging has a way to go. It very expensive and not particularly efficient right now. Plugging in has been a non-issue for us.
Inductive charging is already available at Mercedes. Things are happening FAST. I fully expect that it will be the norm in 10 years. I park in the street. I can’t plug in there.
P.S. Funny how the miles accumulate in things you want to DRIVE!

Last edited:

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
Ho5G THANKS

To all our attendees: Julie and I have done 23+ GTG's here and this was the most different of all. NOT IN A BAD way. We had 3 TDI's in the garage and 2 EV's. OK The Tesla was a tire rotation and the Volt was a wiring mod. And all were familiar faces and great friends. No Noobies at all which is a sad forecast of our future. But to digress we had 7 yes 7 BUG*PWR winners here. A hearty thanks to those whom ventured form local and faraway places to be here. I hope a pic is posted soon with the winners.

To those all whom assisted is making this a great time is why we do this.

Lug Nut thanks for modding our dishwasher and the fishy to operate as they should.

Thanks to those who provided food and help is again why we open our house to you.

Julie and have just about gotten the house back into shape.

Huge thanks for the opportunity to see Zippy and Mike for a short visit from the West Coast.

2020 anyone? or should we plan on 02-02-20.
P&J

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Hey Peter,

Sorry, I thought I had already posted the picture of the bug*pwr award winners. Here it is!

Sorry we missed getting Zippy in the photo. :eek:

From left to right: PeterV, Lug_Nut, Hamsterdiesel, Abacus, TDIDaveNH, compu_85

Chris_TDI_98

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta TDI 1.9L mk3 1Z AHU
I'm sorry I missed this. I have a 98 Jetta TDI 1 ahu that needs a core plug/ freeze plug / front plug done, located on the "unable to see side" of the engine, you know, the side facing the firewall, where the turbo, egr, intake, exhaust manifold, AND three freeze plugs are located. Sigh. I seriously would've driven up from hartford if I could've gotten this done! Is there any possibility of arranging something else, like in March or April. I'd totally test drive any tesla model as well. Very excited about the new upcoming VW EV common platform, for ID Buzz etc, and VW's mass market low price EV promise ie $35K.