Alh Edc15 wastegate control

BigTurboAlh

Veteran Member
TDI
06 ranger cjaa swap
I’ve been tuning my car for a while running a old Holset turbo for a while and have been using a mbc. Instead of leaving the car on full boost all the time. I would like to just flash a daily tune with less boost using a 1.8t n75. Anyone have any knowledge on doing this? I know with the ahu people convert to vnt all the time. Thanks

ketchupshirt88

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat daily, a bunch of others in the graveyard out back...
Considering installing my he221 on my ALH and learn how to tune it this spring.

How are you doing the tuning now? Just turn off the ECUs control of the turbos boost?

I would assume you coukd just start from the AGR engine code maps and adjust accordingly but I'm interested to see if anyone gives you more detailed info.

BigTurboAlh

Veteran Member
TDI
06 ranger cjaa swap
I still use boost requested and everything so it don’t get in limp mode. But some times it still gets it like when your going up mountains and air changes and boost changes. I currently use a agr file and had a n75 wired in but could never get it to work. I still don’t know if a agr file will work. I’m wondering if anyone else has tried it. I got my car tuned in almost perfect but it still don’t seem right with out the ebc.

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
I don't see the need.

more air the engine sees, the happier it is
cut fueling in smoke maps if you want a gentler remap

you could easily do something with a mechanical pneumatic switch in the wastegate line to have a "dual boost" type setup. run your spring type boost control and then bypass it with the switch, so it runs the lower pressure. But running less boost just seems like you're shooting yourself in the foot.

ETA: on mine I just disabled the trouble codes for overboost and underboost.
I'm sure it still tries to do vane stuff, but it doesn't monitor the results.

BigTurboAlh

Veteran Member
TDI
06 ranger cjaa swap
I run 40psi on my hot tune and no traction in third. But It’d be nice to just flash to that tune when I want to have fun and have my street tune.

m1ketdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Leon BKD
AGR software should work fine for wastegate control - but will need the correct plumbing for the wastegate etc. Did you just carry on using the N75 etc from the alh when you tried to convert?

028906283j - is the Control valve for an AGR - which is a pressure driven control valve not a vacuum one as per the ALH.

BigTurboAlh

Veteran Member
TDI
06 ranger cjaa swap
I tried using a 1.8t n75 valve. I’ll order one from a agr and try it. Thanks

ketchupshirt88

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat daily, a bunch of others in the graveyard out back...
I tried using a 1.8t n75 valve. I’ll order one from a agr and try it. Thanks
Please dont think im patronizing you or talking down to you, just trying to get clarification...

Did you have it plumbed in like an ALH's N75 or like an AHU's? Hooking the 1.8T N75 to the vacuum lines like an ALH instead of to boost pressure will apply vacuum to the wastegate actuator, which will not do anything to open it...