Restitution values updated 15 NOV?

feinborg

TDI
jetta 2.0
I'm wondering if lease restitution would also be adjusted / updated from this?

Last edited:

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
Shouldn't be; the lease restitution is fixed. The only one that's in question is (some) post-9/18/15 buyers.

DancingDiesel

TDI
2011 JSW DSG
Got as far as the VIN and it says car not eligible. Not sure why. I have other email addresses I could use.

On a side not- my PA I visited last week drives a TDI wagon, too. She took my hand and said "Are you suffering stress and withdrawal, too?!?!"
Kinda neat. Kinda true.

purduecrew

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat
Just looked at a car I bought "yesterday". Indeed, the restitution is now showing as $5799.40. That is well beyond the $5100 minimum as a pre 9/2015 buyer...

speedrye

Veteran Member
TDI
13 JSW DSG, 14 JSW DSG
Just looked at a car I bought "yesterday". Indeed, the restitution is now showing as $5799.40. That is well beyond the $5100 minimum as a pre 9/2015 buyer...
Is that 100% of the amount shown on the tables, or a lesser amount?

purduecrew

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat
Is that 100% of the amount shown on the tables, or a lesser amount?
Ok I think I found a way around this.

I have a 14 Passat SE (bought a month ago)I'm turning in, I documented that my revenue stream would be:

Return amount $18,775
restitution $3,371
$22,146

I just now ran a new 14 passat SE through the claims portal with same options that I'm looking at, even within 500 miles on the odometer.

That car comes back at:

Return amount $18,775
restitution $5268
$24,043

This means that the buyback was the same ( no surprise) and that restitution increased by $1897, or 56%. This would calculate out to 78% of the total restitution.

Snufalufagus

Veteran Member
TDI
11 Golf TDI, 13 CC R-Line (wifey's)
Yesterday? Who the hell is still selling these cars?

speedrye

Veteran Member
TDI
13 JSW DSG, 14 JSW DSG
I wonder what the differences are between cars calculating out at 78% of the total vs. ones at 100% of the total. I'm gonna assume it's an error on the website's part for now since I don't see any other logic in posts thus far. Maybe it is as simple as which vehicles had a registered seller and which didn't.

purduecrew

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat
I posted this in the other thread too after making a dummy account:

so when I re-input my info with a different email address, my scenario is as follows:

my 09 will receive 61.39% of the restitution portion, purchased 10/16/15
my 10 will receive 76.96% of the restitution portion, purchased 7/15/16

I see no rhyme or reason to this...yet
Yah I think this is the start of evidence of some restitution curve...

chief poncho

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
Just curious, if folks are entering the same cars twice into the VW portal, isn't that going to create some issues? Are you actually creating an additional claim when rerunning the VINs?

TDIsaver

TDI
Multiple
Ok I think I found a way around this.
I have a 14 Passat SE (bought a month ago)I'm turning in, I documented that my revenue stream would be:
Return amount $18,775
restitution $3,371
$22,146
I just now ran a new 14 passat SE through the claims portal with same options that I'm looking at, even within 500 miles on the odometer.
That car comes back at:
Return amount $18,775
restitution $5268
$24,043
This means that the buyback was the same ( no surprise) and that restitution increased by $1897, or 56%. This would calculate out to 78% of the total restitution.
This is good analysis and clearly summarizes the latest info that we are discussing here. Good work.

Mr. Furious

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Interesting. I set up a dummy account and my restitution amount was the same as it was when I did it for real. No biggie, I'm entirely comfortable with that amount.

Michael A

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 VW Touareg TDI Executive
I just set up a 2nd account also and my restitution amount is now 100%.

purduecrew

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat
my dummy account is showing 100% as well for my car purchased in august 2016. hope it works out that way!
Can you give some car stats? And when you say full restitution do you mean 5100 full restitution like a pre 9/2015 buyer or like calculated restitution? Sorry for being dense.

tjdeerslayer37

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 jetta tdi plat gray
Can you give some car stats? And when you say full restitution do you mean 5100 full restitution like a pre 9/2015 buyer or like calculated restitution? Sorry for being dense.

The first time I entered it im pretty sure it only showed half of that $6,491.73.
2013 jetta, dsg, sun roof, nav, power seats, 54,500 miles. Bought from a ford dealer in august. They purchased it in june of 2015.
Ps, sorry for the sideways photo, photobucket is acting up so I used tinypic instead and it flipped it on me.

Last edited:

purduecrew

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat
I couldn't resist so I went back and created a duplicate account. So far, I have seen increases over the original restitution of 50% ( for 100% increase) on an 09, 14, 13, and others....

speedrye

Veteran Member
TDI
13 JSW DSG, 14 JSW DSG
Are we the only ones seeing this??? Can't believe no one else is saying anything.
These posts give me some hope, but for some reason, I have a hard time trusting the claims site considering all of the other flaws, entry errors and omissions.