unplug electrical connector

pedrodiesel

TDI
2004 Golf GL 5 speed manual
I found an un plug electrical connector. Between the engine and the cabin compartment, close by the EGR valve. I went under the car, above the turbo, below the turbo, to see where could be connected. I did not find a plug to connected it.
I look all over engine compartment.
(My car have the check engine light on)
The OBC II scanner shows code P2100
TAC ( Throttle Actuactor valvE)
Could it just be for an electrical device that my car just does not have (example: sun roof, heated seats...) ?

Thanks

Pedrodiesel
2004 Golf Gl TDI

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
That connector probably plugs into the device by the EGR valve. That device is the intake changeover / throttle valve.

-Jason

pedrodiesel

TDI
Found plug connector

Hello compu85, I found the connector, right under the EGR valve.
Thnaks
Pedro

"engine light" still on.

pedrodiesel

TDI
check engine light came back ON

I erased the codes after plug in back the eletrical connector I found unplug by the EGR valve.
Code was gone for 3 hours, and came back.
Will see if it goes off by itself.
Pedrodiesel
Golf 04

Spock-Mckoy

TDI
2002 Golf GL
Hi, I bought a scanner at Harbor Freight. It came with 2 cables, cd. I used it on my dodge ram no problems with check engine light codes. I erased codes. Now, I plug it into my golf connector under dash, scanner powers up so I know it is getting power from the car, but it can't communicate with the car. I bought it mainly because of the check engine light on in the golf. Does the golf have a special needs scanner? or OBDll work ok? 2003 golf tdi. The scanner connector is the same shape in my 02' dodge and 03 golf. The golf won't start and the glow plug light no longer lights on my dash. [this was another reason to buy scanner] temp was minus 8 the other morning when I tried to start it.