Where can I get additives in Saskatoon

Quench

Does anyone know where I can get cetane/lubricity boost in Saskatoon? I checked Canadian Tire and the just had some wierd 3-in-1 stuff. What brand do you use?

ALCO

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 A3 Jetta, silver/2005 B5 Passat, silver
Does anyone know where I can get cetane/lubricity boost in Saskatoon?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">VW recommends Stanadyne. There's at least two dealers in your neck of the woods. See their "dealer locator": http://www.stanadyne.com/dsg.asp

I use their performance formula or lubricity additive when I use additives. Others prefer different brands but some of them are not available in Canada.

**DONOTDELETE**

Most of the Shells, Essos and PeeCans I saw on Hwy 16 and 1 were ready for diesel customers with additives and oils. You could try any of those stations.

Automann

TDI
2003 Jetta TDi Wagon
Maurice's Auto Care on Millar Ave has a fantastic additive by Forte'. I make a four hour highway commute each week, when I put this into the diesel on a full tank, I notice nothis... at first. Then about 40min out of Saskatoon on my return, the car suddenly 'calmed down' almost like I was riding the brake and let off. Car smoothed out, and was easier to accelerate. Can't wait to see if it increased in econ.

dandywriter

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Golf Wagon 6M
Any Canadian Tire has Power Service White (winter antigel + cetane + lub) and Silver (no antigel). They have sales relatively frequently. I also carry a bottle of their Diesel 911 (also at CT) in case there is an unexpected cold snap and you gel (happened once to me).

dieselpartscanada

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
A6 TDI, Touareg V10 TDI, 2 x Jetta TDIs, Beetle TDI
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">VW recommends Stanadyne. There's at least two dealers in your neck of the woods. See their "dealer locator": http://www.stanadyne.com/dsg.asp
I use their performance formula or lubricity additive when I use additives. Others prefer different brands but some of them are not available in Canada.
If you're looking for the complete range of Stanadyne diesel fuel additives and injector cleaner, we have them available online for purchase. Fast, free shipping to your door for orders over $150 and if you send me a PM I can offer a discount code for your first order. We are in Edmonton, so no duties and shipping is via Purolator with tracking provided.

https://dieselpartscanada.ca/collections/additives

As a side-note, a less-expensive but equally good option is the Alliant Power range of Diesel Fuel additives.

vincej

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Golf Wagon
I have an engine light on for engine misfire and found this searching for additives. I've got some Lucas Upper Cylinder lubricant which is supposedly good for gas or diesel engines and also cleans injectors. Any harm in using this stuff? Thanks.