Tool for Rear suspension bushings

davebugs

Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI Automatic, MKIV rear axle bushing install tools
I'll start a thread in the vendor section some time tomorrow and then go through my PM's. First responders from this thread get first chance.

This run is significantly cheaper.

They will be 170.00 shipped/Paypal'd in the US.

Or 195.00 shipped/Paypal'd in Canada I believe (first test sent late last week). Costs additional 20 bucks to get it over the border USPS and UPS is more. And a customs form thus a trip to the post office.

FYI 1st batch was 240.00 shipped/Paypal'd in the US.

I still have the rental tool too. It's looking like it may be tied up the next few weeks though.

I'm thinking this small run will be sold out. I thought we could make the tool smaller and save material but we can't and I had already bought the material thinking we could go smaller.

So there will likely be another run - and I'd say probably the same price. I'll have to see if taking deposits if there is another run is worth the hassle.

davebugs

Vendor
TDI
coalminer yes a mod moved it here after I got vendor status even though someone else started the thread - no worries.

And folks here is what's going on. I think this run will sell out so I'm going through PM's. I'm up to part way through PM's from 3/28 at the present time. If folks don't Paypal the money in a day I PM more folks.

I'll get caught up. My short term memory and ability to multitask is still suffering a bit from the accident so this is a little more difficult than it needs to be. I hope to get cought up with backlog in an orderly fashion then got some made ahead again so there is no backlog.

Looking like another run may be made. May have to use a different shop so don't know what effect on price that may have.

Rental is out and one waiting.

Thanks for you patience as I work through the PM's. It's the fairest way I know to do it.

I did ship the first ones today and expect to ship more tomorrow. Fastenal screwed up and didn't get my coupling nuts today but they assure me they will be in tomorrow.

davebugs

Vendor
TDI
All paid for tools shipped, or packaged/labeled and going out today.

Later today I'll see if any more paid and PM the next batch of folks.

Like I said I'm part way through the 3/28 PM's at this time.

Thanks.

davebugs

Vendor
TDI
Fastenal dropped the ball. The 12mm coupling nuts due tue morning came in this morning.

When I went to pick them up they had ordered M8's for some reason.

They assure me the correct nuts will be in tomorrow.

Then I'll continue shipping to folks that have Paypal'd money and continue to PM folks in order they were received.

mlemorie

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta
Mine came in today. Looks good! If the threaded rod was bigger, Id be tempted to try to use it for my wheel bearing thats beginning to growl on turns lol.

davebugs

Vendor
TDI
o.k. as of now 1 left from this run.

I'm waiting on folks I've PM'd to get back to me.

This run was smaller than originally planned because I thought we could shorten the tool and get more out of the material. That's when I bought the material but to make the tool as quality as possible we needed to keep it at the old length. So it was my fault.

Looking like a 3rd run. May be made a different place so price is subject to change.

I will PM everyone I haven't replied to about this batch and start a new/clean thread at that time. I don't know if I'll take deposits on next run. Financially it would be great, keeping track of it not so much.

I expect to get Paypal for the last one this weekend and if not I'll PM the next member in line.

I hope to have an idea of a 3rd run next week. I have a call into the fella that did this run and have had another shop quote it as well.

davebugs

Vendor
TDI
I have a zip of pics and a few notes. Really pretty straight forward.

I'm heading out to dinner. I'll send the zip late tonight.

I was looking for the procedure here today and couldn't find it.

gaddman

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta (RC3, PD150 Injectors, GTB1749V, 2.5" Downpipe), 04 Touareg V10 (RC1)
Got mine too. Looks good! I'll take those pics and notes too please. :)

davebugs

Vendor
TDI
On their way.

I looked here and vortex for the procedure.

Found one on vortex but it's specifically NOT what you do when you have my tool. That is remove the beam then remove the bushing and reinstall it. That fella also paints the beam while it's out.

If I need to do another axle beam bushing set on one of my cars I'll take more complete pics and writeup. But one of mine has been done and the other doesn't need it done yet. If the bushings aren't bad they are much more difficult to remove.

davebugs

Vendor
TDI
There WILL BE another run of these tools. Just got back from the machine shop and gotta run back out again.

I'll get organized and PM those of you I haven't and start a new thread.

It's looking like this 3rd run will be the same price as the 2nd. While he still has the machine. After the machine is gone I'm likely gonna have to have another shop do these and the price is likely to go up about 30 bucks or so.

I expect this 3rd run to be done by the end of the month, possibly in a few weeks.

davebugs

Vendor
TDI
As of this morning all the 2nd run is sold out.

If anyone I PM'd Paypal's me money let me know whether to hold it for next run or refund it.

I'll try and PM everyone I haven't tonight and start a new/clean thread for the 3rd run.

Danarm

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta TDI, 2X 01 Jetta TDI, 01 Golf TDI,06 Jetta TDI.
Daves Best. Rear axle bushing tool

Thank you, Dave. I received my parcel in the mail today. This is a real quality looking tool. I can not wait to use it. Thank you, again. Dan.:D

dieselfuel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
Anyone know if the Audi TT rear bushing will fit the A4 Jetta?

I'm 99.9% sure it will, just looking for verification...

Thanks,

df

davebugs

Vendor
TDI
Most folks go with I believe the SEAT/Skoda solid one for an upgrade for the rear axle bushings, and the Audi TT one for the large LCA bushing.

Don't recall anyone putting Audi TT rear bushings in - but could easily be wrong.

dieselfuel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
The reason I ask is, I installed the VW part # into a parts search engine for Genuine Audi parts (a San Diego Audi dealer) and sure enough the bushing came up. So, it tells me that it's one in the same.

Anyhow, I'll pprobably end up gettin gone of your tools and installing the TT bushing.
Since it is the same part number with the AudiTT, maybe the bushing is nothing special. Maybe it is the same part.

Need to get a couple of projects done to my A4 before tackling this project.

:>)

df

copakabata

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta 01M, 1999.5 Jetta 5 spd, 2000 VW Golf 4dr 5 spd
Interested in one of these tools.

Any update on the newest run, regarding pricing / availability?

May I suggest keeping the first post updated with the status?

Thanks.

Last edited: