electronic actuator bmw 300hz pwm

mk1-83

Veteran Member
TDI
LUPO 1.9 tdi 300+ hp
Hello,

Im surging for a bmw actuator that works on 300hz pwm
all that im have tested working on 140hz.
mine ecu have a 300hz pwm as n75

So if there is anyone nows the number of the actuator theat works on 300hz im very pleased.

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
Bmw works with 300hz. As do Volvo 2056vl actuator. But you can change the frequency in the software. We managed to get audi 2.5tdi v6 ecu converted to 300hz from original 250hz last weekend.

B3n

TDI
Passat B7 2.0 CR TDI, B6 2.0 CR EA288
I also have a BMW actuator working with EDC17 N75. Output test in VCDS is working. So this seems to be easy if the right actuator with 300hz is used.

Now I have the problem nobody of my known tuners has experience with electronic actuators. They are all doing vacuum conversion. I want to use the electronic actuator which comes with my new turbo.
How hard is it to adapt the EDC17 maps for an electronic actuator? Or is it maybe possible to copy the maps from the EDC17 where the turbo was fitted originally?

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
Id say if the actuator has a feedback its pretty easy, hook it up to original feedback wire and calibrate voltages

If it does not its I think just a matter of disabling the position feedback in the ecu. I never did this as I like a system with feedback a lot, but I guess a lot of other 'tuners' do this frequently when a different than stock turbo is used and they are too lazy/incapable of setting the actuator up correctly.

B3n

TDI
OK, thanks. I'll try that next week when i'm back home. I hope 6nw009228 has some feedback output. There was no info on google. I'll measure pin 3 and 5.

B3n

TDI
I was trying to find a position output on this actuator but it doesn't seem it has one. there is something like 9 volts at pin 3 and 5 when position is at 0%.
It also seems not very tolerant with the input voltage. i could get the actuator only working by using an external 12v power adapter. in the car with a battery charger connected there are more than 13 volts at the N75 + cable. Connected to this the actuator cannot be controlled. in my opinion there needs to be some additional electronics to make the actuator work with edc17.