Replacing injectors 2001 tdi

Popedallas

TDI
I am looking to replace my injectors pretty soon, I have a couple questions if anyone can help me, it’s a 2001 golf 1.9l stock other then a deleted egr, I’m looking for what type of injector to get? And if you where to do this do you need to have your injectors programed for the cylinder? Or can you just replace them and go!? Any help would be great thanks!

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
You do not mention if you have an auto or a 5 speed transmission, but let's just say it is a 5 speed with a factory 10mm IP. The new logical choice--if you want a bit more oomph--would be to upgrade one size to a .205 nozzle. You will have more power and likely better fuel economy if you keep your foot out of it... Since you are in Canada, Giles at performance diesel dot com is the man to talk to about refreshing your injectors back to spec and installing/balancing new nozzles. Good luck.

Exenos

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf
I'd recommend you start putting penetrating oil on the injectors well before you try to pull them. Mine took 3 days of soaking and working at them with a slide hammer before they came loose. I'll second .205's if you don't want a tune. Or .216's if you want to tune it or don't mins the extra smoke.