pics of my one of a kind Passat

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
How difficult was it to connect the diesel engine wiring into the remaining portions of the original harness? Does the gasser tachometer (6,000 rpm redline) in the photo work well with the diesel?

Normand

Veteran Member
You would have to ask my mechanic about that
one but seeing him go with all the wires, not a big problem if you know what you are doing.

The tach work just fine, the only thing i changes in the cluster, apart from adding
the glow plug and engine light, is the small
module in the speedo that make the cruise control work.

The seats, woah, super confort and you just feel solid in them, comes from an Audi S6.

[ June 13, 2001: Message edited by: Normand ]

[ June 14, 2001: Message edited by: Normand ]

MineMapper

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Transporter Kombi
Woah indeed!
I missed the seats last night due to my super slow home connection. They look sweet indeed! Please tell me they just bolted in. Or did you have to put the Audi tracks/rails in too?

Congrats on a very cool hybrid!

hmmmm, image seem to post for me. Here's a side view for everyone. Anytime you feel like giving up those crappy synchro rims for some aftermarket ones, I'll be more than happy to take them off your hands

[ June 14, 2001: Message edited by: MineMapper ]

Normand

Veteran Member
i use the same track, just narrow the legs of the seats, they are a little bit wider.
As for the rims, no way, i'm keeping those.
They are extremely solid "forged", not like those other VW mags i had on previous cars,
one year of driving on our beautiful roads of Quebec just bangs the regular mags, like
one of my friend said, those mags are indestructible.
Thanks for posting the pics.

[ June 14, 2001: Message edited by: Normand ]