Valet Key Programming

Comiclown

TDI
I have a 2000 Jetta TDI and I just ordered a regular valet key from a local dealer for $59.00. Have anyone tried the following steps ( I found them on ehow.com) to program a valet key (no fob)?

Get into your vehicle. Insert your valet key into the ignition and turn the key as far as you can in the "On" position without cranking the engine.

Get out of the car and close the door behind you, leaving the valet key in the ignition. Place your regular car key in the driver's door and turn the key to lock the car manually.

Remove the key from the driver's door. Push the "Unlock" button on your key fob twice.

Enter your car, turn the valet key to the "Off" position and remove it from the ignition. Your valet key is now programmed.

thanks!

COcyclist

TDI
04 Golf 5 speed Indigo Blue, Hers-2011 A3 TDI Tiptronic Silver
Are you going to let us know if it works? I was quoted hundreds more for this at the stealership.

snakeye

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta and Wagon, GLS 5sp
This worked for resetting a remote key that I thought was FUBAR. I doubt it will make the car recognize the immobilizer chip in the valet key.

Hakcobra

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI
I have two key fobs but no Valet key. One fob works and the other does not (red light lights up but will not unlock doors or trunk). Will the above technique reprogram my dumb remote?

Hakcobra

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI
Nevermind, just tried the other key fob and the red light doesnt come on, even after new batteries. Must be doa.

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
I have a 2000 Jetta TDI and I just ordered a regular valet key from a local dealer for $59.00. Have anyone tried the following steps ( I found them on ehow.com) to program a valet key (no fob)?

Get into your vehicle. Insert your valet key into the ignition and turn the key as far as you can in the "On" position without cranking the engine.

Get out of the car and close the door behind you, leaving the valet key in the ignition. Place your regular car key in the driver's door and turn the key to lock the car manually.

Remove the key from the driver's door. Push the "Unlock" button on your key fob twice.

Enter your car, turn the valet key to the "Off" position and remove it from the ignition. Your valet key is now programmed.

thanks!

The procedure you post here is to reprogram remote . Valet key don't have remote.
What do you trying top reprogram, Remote on other key or Immobilizer?
If you want to reprogram immobilizer then info is here:
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Immobilizer_II_Key_Matching_%28Cluster%29

Important Note: Unless you ALREADY have the SKC information for your vehicle and components then you will NOT be able to do any of the Immobilizer functions.
Click this link for more information.