Bosch settlement

sohccammer427

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDi 6 Speed Manual
humm... So to keep it simple, I have already received my Phase I restitution payment from VOA (doing the fix), so I'm eligible and already registered in the Bosch case.
All that other legal mumbo jumbo is for those who who did not identify themselves by the end of the Eligible Seller Identification Period for the 2.0-liter Volkswagen Settlement.
Am I getting closer? :)

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
humm... So to keep it simple, I have already received my Phase I restitution payment from VOA (doing the fix), so I'm eligible and already registered in the Bosch case.
All that other legal mumbo jumbo is for those who who did not identify themselves by the end of the Eligible Seller Identification Period for the 2.0-liter Volkswagen Settlement.
Am I getting closer? :)
You have the 2/3 money from VW

IMO

Yes

sohccammer427

Veteran Member
TDI
You have the 2/3 money from VW
IMO
Yes
Yes Sir I have. I was having a hard time distinguishing between the word seller and owner.
It's quite possible the prior owner/seller may be eligible for part of the Bosch settlement?
I purchased the car from White Plains VW on 3/18/16. Only 2,800 miles. Very sweet deal. There was one prior owner. Based on the car fax report it looks like it was originally purchased/registered around 7/20/15. And then offered back for sale around 3/10/16.
Either way, I can't complain. Something is > nothing.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Yes Sir I have. I was having a hard time distinguishing between the word seller and owner.
It's quite possible the prior owner/seller may be eligible for part of the Bosch settlement?
I purchased the car from White Plains VW on 3/18/16. Only 2,800 miles. Very sweet deal. There was one prior owner. Based on the car fax report it looks like it was originally purchased/registered around 7/20/15. And then offered back for sale around 3/10/16.

IMO, you will get the whole $350. But I will defer to more knowledgeable TDICLUB members

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI

Info from my CAS Attorney this morning -- Check your PM

Last edited:

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
FYI the the OP pkhoury (and anyone else who opted out of the VW settlement), the Bosch site is open for registration. https://boschvwsettlement.mdl.online

For all the rest of us who didn't opt out of the VW settlement, there's nothing to do but wait by the mailbox.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
I don't know, but Bosch's FAQ says "...shortly after May 11th," and their website has been updated to say "The Order granting Final Approval (was filed) May 17th..." I'd expect something in the next few weeks, just a guess.

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
I doubt it seriously. The 15 is being delivered to you as a legal vehicle.

DieselMann99

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI w/ Premium, DSG (Buyback Nov 2018); 2013 Jetta TDI (bought Dec 2018); also, bought a CPO 2017 Passat TSI (Nov 2018)
Why are the 3.0L owners getting SO MUCH more than the 2.0L owners?

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
What cars do you suppose the attorneys are driving? :p

No, really, I'm sure it's because the software Bosch wrote has that many more lines of code in it. :/

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
Because 3.0 cars cost 3 times more?
Yup. Exactly. That and let's be real...they could have given the 2.0L owners $30k each and people would have still complained. "But it would have been nice to get $33k," lol.:rolleyes: Anytime you can get out of a 3+ year old vehicle with 50k+ miles for what you paid for it...I would call that a win.

The settlement from VW was more than equitable, IMO. The money from Bosch is just the icing on the cake.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
While I don't disagree with your sentiment, the difference still begs the question.

The fairest calculation I could come up with, imagining I'm the judge, is to use Bosch's revenue from the development of the software as a basis. And maybe that's what happened? (I don't know.) But obviously there were a far greater number of 2.0 TDIs sold vs. 3.0. If Bosch's development charges to VW were a fixed amount for each engine model, I could understand the disparity here. But I doubt that's the case, because we'd see different amounts for different generations of 2.0 engines, and maybe even different vehicle models.

sohccammer427

Veteran Member
TDI
Just received this email, 5/22/17/ 7 PM EST

To Whom It May Concern,

The Court has approved a settlement with Bosch, the supplier of engine control software that was installed in some 2.0-liter and 3.0-liter Volkswagen, Audi, and Porsche diesel vehicles.

For more information, visit www.BoschVWSettlement.com.

If you submit or have submitted an approved Claim in the 2.0-liter or 3.0-liter Volkswagen (“VW”) Settlements, you will automatically receive a payment from the Bosch Settlement and do not need to file a separate Claim in the Bosch Settlement. For more information, see below.

Eligible Owners, Sellers, or Lessees of the following vehicles may be eligible for cash payments in the Bosch Settlement:

2.0-LITER CLASS VEHICLE BENEFITS:
· Eligible Owners of 2.0-liter Eligible Vehicles may receive up to $350.
· Eligible Lessees may receive $200.
· Eligible Sellers may receive $175.

2.0-LITER CLASS VEHICLES:
· Volkswagen Jetta: 2009-2015
· Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen: 2009-2014
· Volkswagen Beetle: 2013-2015
· Volkswagen Beetle Convertible: 2013-2015
· Audi A3: 2010-2013; 2015
· Volkswagen Golf: 2010-2015
· Volkswagen Golf SportWagen: 2015
· Volkswagen Passat: 2012-2015

3.0-LITER CLASS VEHICLE BENEFITS:
· Eligible Owners of 3.0-liter Eligible Vehicles may receive up to $1,500.
· Eligible Lessees may receive $1,200.
· Eligible Former Owners may receive up to $750.

3.0-LITER CLASS VEHICLES:
· Volkswagen Touareg: 2009-2016
· Audi Q7: 2009-2015
· Audi A6, A7, A8, A8L, Q5: 2014-2016
· Porsche Cayenne Diesel: 2013-2016

HOW IT WORKS:
If you filed (or will file) a Claim in one or both of the 2.0-liter or 3.0-liter VW Settlements, and the Claim is approved, you are automatically an eligible Class Member in the Bosch Settlement and will receive a payment if you did not opt out of the Bosch Settlement. If this describes your situation, you do not need to file a Claim in the Bosch Settlement.

If you do not file an approved Claim in one or both of the 2.0-liter or 3.0-liter VW Settlements, or if you request exclusion from the applicable VW Settlements, you will not receive an automatic payment from the Bosch Settlement for that vehicle. If this describes you, you must file a Claim in the Bosch Settlement to participate in the Bosch Settlement and to receive a payment. To file a Claim electronically, please visit the Submit a Claim page of the Settlement Website; or, you may submit a paper version by downloading the Bosch Settlement Claim Form from the Important Documents page of the Settlement Website.

For more information about the Bosch Settlement, please visit www.BoschVWSettlement.com or call the Claims Administrator toll-free at 1-844-305-1928. You may also contact Settlement Class Counsel at info@vwclasscounsel.com or toll-free at 1-800-948-2181.

Sincerely,

Bosch Settlement
Claims Administrator

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
What cars do you suppose the attorneys are driving? :p

No, really, I'm sure it's because the software Bosch wrote has that many more lines of code in it. :/
Ha. Bosch would probably then have some former IBM and Microsoft programmers working for them.

CT_Gman

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Jetta Sport, 2011 Golf TDI 6MT 2 door - GONE, 2013 Passat DSG SE w/sunroof - GONE
OK Bosch.... just knock off all the talk and send me my $$$.
There won't be much to send after the lawyers get paid.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
There won't be much to send after the lawyers get paid.
It'd sure be nice if people would make even the most minimal effort to educate themselves before commenting. Then we wouldn't see ignorant remarks like this.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Won't happen Dan! It will be nice to get that extra money to help cover the months my wife isn't teaching.

CT_Gman

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Jetta Sport, 2011 Golf TDI 6MT 2 door - GONE, 2013 Passat DSG SE w/sunroof - GONE
Read post 48. These published amounts are the actual amounts that will be paid.
It says MAY receive UP TO $350... Out of the total amount Bosch had to pay, you think the lawyers are not getting paid first?

Have a nice day.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
Last edited:

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
Maybe when he got his checks for his Golf and Passat, the rep had him write a personal check for 50% of his buyback, made out to "cash" and give it to him/her, with the explanation that it was for "lawyers fees".

kc1174

TDI
Was a 2015 A3 Prem Plus
Seriously. It's been a whole week since the settlement was approved. Why aren't the checks in my hand?
Looks like mine is arriving today according to the USPS informed delivery email I just got. They're being mailed from Portland Oregon. I just hope it makes it to my mailbox since it's got the words "additional cash payment" printed on it. Something a little more discreet would have been nice..